Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. I am part of a world wide conspiracy. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    War is coming, big war for everybody.
    Don't forget the asteroids, pole shift and Nibiru! Oh, and death by fire. Hell of a time to be alive isn't it? : )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8d8de0a1d6c7784bbf0cecdb0bffb962.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	148473

well, this is why he made that rocket tho' ...

agree to several things, but I doubt a Mars base would solve a Destructive Ai system. [conveniently named > DAI]
    The DAI system would of course simply fly to Mars and go on about its business.

if however Humans spread to other Star Systems, that would change the game.
    Last edited by erikals; 08-12-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

War is coming, big war for everybody.
    I think we have had more unstable situations around the world some decades ago, these things comes in periods..but I do not think it is boiling up to any direct confrontation threats right now as to what we have seen some years ago.
    So what situation is it you are fearing for? (if you can avoid engaging in it politicly)

That said, it could switch from month to month, week to week and day to day..but if we warn for War is coming, it seems it would be something extraordinary that sets that probability up compared to conflicts some years or decades ago.
    War is doing itīs business around the world as of this moment, and has been for decades, The big war..as in world war II, was quite some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    Don't forget the asteroids, pole shift and Nibiru! Oh, and death by fire. Hell of a time to be alive isn't it? : )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8d8de0a1d6c7784bbf0cecdb0bffb962.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	148473
    I mentioned asteroids as probably the most dangerous of them, apart from nuclear war, ultimately itīs about how much we engage in securing control, that means surveiling the sky for objects even better, and also once we se potential threats, not just wait for them to pass by, but to actually redirect trajectory or have tried deflective or destructive methods on similar objects.

And control for ballistic nuke systems and cooperation together with all countries, and a reduction of nukes, as well as continueing stabilizing regions for peace?
    All those factors however is a constant battle, where leaders act more upon fear and retilation as the factor to discourage any attempt to attack, which I do not belileve will hold in the long run unfortunately, some groups will not take notice of such intimidation, and some groups will frankly not care if there will be a nuclear war, so there is just too many threats to keep on reliying on the Nuke terrorbalance, fine it may have worked up till now..but we also know it was damn close in the cuba crises and two large bombs have already whiped out hundreds of thousands in seconds in our history.

So it may be that a nuclear war is still the most dangerous and probable cause of our destruction, for asteroids..we do survey the skies, if there is one object out there we do not know of..and just happen to have a trajectory course right at earth, and also be big enough, no one knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    well, this is why he made that rocket tho' ...

agree to several things, but I doubt a Mars base would solve a Destructive Ai system. [conveniently named > DAI]
    The DAI system would of course simply fly to Mars and go on about its business.

if however Humans spread to other Star Systems, that would change the game.
    Havenīt looked through the full interview, I think I saw it some time before though..but I just donīt agree with how he (inflates) the importance of how progo and the system is so much better and defeating the masters in these games, but this is very specific programming and tasks, it woulodnīt have a slightest chance to manage all that computing and have an intelligent discussion with me or any human.

As for turing tests, thereīs been some reports..but also there, very specific task where someone is doing a table bookin for instance, you would need a turing test to incorporates a normal discussion, and these forums would be great, someone starts a thread..then we let the AI in to these forum and engage, also we would need Steve B to moderate, and have the AI respond intelligently to us and Steve.
    If no one can tell his and AI or an AH..hole, that would be it

So no, I do not agree with his fears for it, even though he works close to it, and I donīt..itīs just that some partīs doesnīt make sense for me.

So again, as Mr Ridley Scott warns, donīt give it emotions

rhun fro hte hilsl . . .   

----------

indeed hard to predict, could be 5, 50 or 500 years from now.
    Last edited by erikals; 08-12-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

rhun fro hte hilsl . . .   
    Fassbender was excellent as David.
    I think the problem and the worst fears we intially should have, is about people..and people in power to implement AI within military and weapons system, such as Drones able to perform tasks and decisions by their own..without any human middle hand.
    Not that someone will create algorithms and a super computer that suddenly gains more power than we humans ..and somehow would connect to all other systems in order to reprogram that and get massive data power to also build themself better, and ultimately fire away at us, that I think would take several, many many decades before we have computers or robots capable of doing.

For an AI to really take control, it would need a way to transcend itīs locked machinery state, where itīs function would be able to construct far more advanced machines that we can imagine, and apart from actually gaining some real AI where it sort of thinks and decides on itīs own, like a free will..it will still be in a locked stated and need to access either humans that helps out with these tasks, or a way to access robots capable of constructing their next level of body.

With terminator and skynet, it is at some level what you may expect, software taking control over all military systems, but at the same time I do not think in reality it would be enough for it to create itīs own civilization, control over all ballistic missiles and nuke..Yes, that could be the most dangerous scenario, and that could cause the end of us, but for such AI to survive themself..I think would be a no no after such event, and it would ergo simply kill itself, which makes no sense if it would have a will to survive.

I will eventually buy me a robo kitten, or build me one, to have it purr and scratch my back..or a women robot, doing the same thing of course
    for both objects above, I am allergic to their real life counterpart.

And for Elon Musk, his visionary..but he and his company has limits, they will be struggling with self steering cars for years to come, for it to be safe.
    And he will not be able to create robots capable of acting like astronouts..not within several decades, why use humans when he could be safe and also advance robot technology and simply send very humanlike robots to Mars, well..that would cost a lot and they are not there within the AI powers today, and not in the near future either..think about that, so they do it the ol way with astronauts..while it would make more sense to ensure no life is
    at risc in the initial states.

Once it is tried with Robots a couple of times, a time for humans would be appropiate, but it costs to much and the time when we would be capable of doing that is so far in the future, so I think he is mostly boosting up his own projects with the talks of AI.

And I still look for that tech that will wake me up..serve me with coffe and play my favourite music from my huge favourite list, toasted bread and cheese should be optional.

Ahh..the interview, at the end of 2020, he says self steering cars would be more safer than any human, will see about that...I would be happy because I do not have a driver license and fear for sitting in a car and drive myself, or be on the roads with other id..ots, like me
    But I am seriously having doubts that it would work efficient and safe enough, at the end of this year.

It's war prometheus. War.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

It's war prometheus. War.
    What about it, which current war? which potentional conflict that may lead up to a new war?
    I donīt follow you on to what you really refer to?

Or do you not refer to a certain moment today, but merely a general notion that mankind will not stop with war..and that is inevitable that someday (though unknown when) It will be the Global killer once it engages with nukes? but you donīt know
    about a current situation today that could lead up to it?

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    For me, war is coming from the copious numbers of people that will be displaced by famine, flooding, desertification, and other natural disasters that are approaching at speed.

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Ahh..the interview, at the end of 2020, he says self steering cars would be more safer than any human, will see about that...
    At present, there are a number of contributing factors that mean that will not be the case for the foreseeable future. The one that will ensure that things will keep going wrong is that the software being used to control these autonomous vehicles...is still being written by Humans. As a result, autonomous vehicles will have hard-wired Human Error built in to them. Combine that with the often overlooked (or ignored) fact that computers do make mistakes and you have a recipe for lots of accidents when these things get let loose in the Real World. I certainly wont be riding in one any time soon after they start to appear on the roads
    Last edited by Qexit; 08-13-2020 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Correcting typo
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    The problem will always be the crossover point. Having a few self-driving cars will mean that those cars have to react to irrational human driving, and won't necessarily always be able to react appropriately. As time goes by, and robot cars become more the norm, we'll see more and more facilities that require computer control, such as caravanning, faster travel, and inter-car signalling. We'll be able to get about faster, more safely, and more efficiently but only once driving is automated. I'm not saying I want to turn driving over to the computers wholesale but I think it will come - already we let cars control gear changes in the main, with sales of manual cars being only 2 % in the US, about the same as the sales figure for electric cars.

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    At present, there are a number of contributing factors that mean that will not be the case for the foreseeable future. The one that will ensure that things will keep going wrong is that the software being used to control these autonomous vehicles...is still being written by Humans. As a result, autonomous vehicles will have hard-wired Human Error built in to them. Combine that with the often overlooked (or ignored) fact that computers do make mistakes and you have a recipe for lots of accidents when these things get let loose in the Real World. I certainly wont be riding in one any time soon after they start to appear on the roads
    Yes, and thatīs why I said..we will see about that, I think it will be harder to implement safer than what Elon Musk says, on the other hand..my access to data and research in the field is nowhere near what Elon Musk has available, or time he has spent in the field, I reckon I have a feeling that i inflates a lot of things, such as AI threats, mars travels in a certain time period, and now self steering cars ready this year(the tech) laws have to be changed as well which otherwise would prevent this tech to come in to use.

The question is however not if the self steering cars will cause accidents, it is inevitable that there will be accidents, itīs more a question of accountability and what kind of accidents and how frequent, compared to the human counterpart and which one is the best alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    For me, war is coming from the copious numbers of people that will be displaced by famine, flooding, desertification, and other natural disasters that are approaching at speed.

B
    I Understand, but I do not see that as a possible major contributing factor, not as a high level alert, thereīs been famine, flooding and other natural disasters all over the planet for centuries in certain regions, and none of them really has been mustering up situations that have led up to war conflicts in a significant way, you have africa, ucraine, romania etc as poor countries..at most it often goes in to minor civilwars often surpressed though by dictators, and nations in such famine state donīt have the means to fight wars to such level, rich and well armed countries on the other hand, they do.

I would rather point to what has been in history, and that is fear, power and ideology and religion.
    These are often the conflicts today in middleeast (religion) and what is boiling and also working behind the scenes(russia, us, china) in the religious conflicts, are the superpower ideologies..which have manifested itself Thanks to fear..and previous relgious traditions, and thus the need for power ..which is there to instill a comforting might in the state, often by an excessive amount of arms.

My take on it.
    But I should perhaps stop here because itīs going political, world wide social political in terms of general descriptions anyway, domestic nation politics may be more of topic for the forum.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast