Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. I am part of a world wide conspiracy. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    If you don't want to, fill complain to YouTube as he used your copyrighted material without permission from you.. YouTube won't have any objections about that.

Anyway, you're just giving him credibility linking his video on this forum etc. he had just 100 views or so till now for 2 years video it's very low I think.. So nobody really watched it..
    By linking it, you double view count of the video in just a day.
    Oh I think it's kind of neat to have an entire conspiracy theory about oneself. It's a bizarre thing, but cool.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Oh I think it's kind of neat to have an entire conspiracy theory about oneself. It's a bizarre thing, but cool.
    You find it entertaining, but if it will go on, for years, and decades, your children or grandchildren may not like it..

ps. Send this video to Musk on Twitter, and you will be $$$, and your family.. but forget about anonymity.. you will just accelerate conspiracy theory this way.. Musk obviously will be laughing, but opponents will be spreading your stuff as an example of fake start of rocket etc. etc.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-11-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You find it entertaining, but if it will go on, for years, and decades, your children or grandchildren may not like it..

ps. Send this video to Musk on Twitter, and you will be $$$, and your family.. but forget about anonymity.. you will just accelerate conspiracy theory this way.. Musk obviously will be laughing, but opponents will be spreading your stuff as an example of fake start of rocket etc. etc.
    We've only got about a decade left before it's all over. We're doomed by our own hand.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

We've only got about a decade left before it's all over.
    I always appreciate an optimist.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I always appreciate an optimist.
    Excellent.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

oh, it can't be all that bad...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Donīt know about that, you canīt be for real conspiracy often means that a group or someone is a suspect of something usually not good, and from my impressions of you..I see good things.

- - - Updated - - -

We've only got about a decade left before it's all over. We're doomed by our own hand.
    Iīm pretty sure the pain (and pleasure) will endure for a much much longer time than that before itīs all over, predictions of flying cars need to be in place first before the terminators.

So what is your NR 1 predicted doomsday theory? virus? nukes? climate? AI? or something else?
    Then we got the nature disasters that could happen, comets, asteroids, vulcanos.
    And Alien invasion ala independence day or war of the worlds

What do you think could be the most likely? from your eyes? Iīm just curious what different people beliefs are and how they value hese riscs (if we can avoid getting political)
    Though...Apophis is a bit scary around 2029, makes me wonder if a research on starting to try and deflect it would be possible, and not just rely on the calculations..itīs trajectory seems too close to be disregarded as a high alert.
    Edited, seems it has been degraded on the Torino scale from 4 to 0, and probably 99,99% chance that it will not hit earth.
    2036 may be worse though.
    if it hitīs it could devestate a region the size of europe, and cover the earth with dust that could affect the climate for thousands of years, the explosion may be around 880 megaton, or 65000 hiroshima bombs.

Good night and sleep well.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/92...a-decade-away/

our own vision is the key to a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post

So what is your NR 1 predicted doomsday theory? virus? nukes? climate? AI? or something else?
    Then we got the nature disasters that could happen, comets, asteroids, vulcanos.
    And Alien invasion ala independence day or war of the worlds
    Most of the above. The "alien" however will be quite a surprise to many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    our own vision is the key to a solution.
    Greed runs the show however.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Most of the above. The "alien" however will be quite a surprise to many.

- - - Updated - - -

"Greed" well only up to a certain level, thereīs a limit for what kind of effect it will have on mankindīs survival, and that is what I have in focus..not just barely ending civilization.
    Even if all trade system will collaps, some people will survive..although it may revert back to older ages of living.

Personally ..though I am not an expert and certainly havenīt done enough research of what the scientist etc have done in terms of research in those fields either, I still have my perspective and beliefs of it (from a gut feeling mostly)

1. asteroid, comet, instant and long term effects.
    2. nuclear war, instant and long term effects

These two above will both have a very fast destruction of the earths structure and biology as well as long term, and even though we are monitoring some objects, there may be those we have missed, or some objects that could arrive far far away from a point we have missed to survey as well, we have already missed recognizing some objects that passed by the earth at not that alarming distance, but anyway unknowingly.
    The impact (depending on size and speed of course) I think would be far more severe than a vulcano eruption.

And for nuclear war, well if the worse case happens and all the system goes ballistic and fires away in large numbers, that would be the day I think, both in short term and in the long run with radiactivity and obscuring the atmosphere..apart from all the direct shock and heatwaves on many places on earth.
    And there is mostly two-three dangerous variables, some malfunction or disturbed system that may not be ordered by man, and there could be a crazy dude in power Enforcing it, or it could be a cause of an international conflict ..leading to the nuclear war.
    So thereīs at least 3 elements to worry about, and in fact..nuclear war may just as well be ranked NR 1 as well.

3. climate change (extremely long term) ( and what about mars, we lack most of the earth environment and not biological life nor ecosystems, yet we expect it should be possible to start a colony, so I do not thing even a drastic climate change would mean the end of mankind, not even for several thousands of years) that said, I am all against a continued pollution of the earth, I want a beautiful place to live on and for those who inherits it.

Seems we are on are way to screw a lot of things up, but itīs not gonna end life in a short term, and the earth and species seem to have ways to survive..though far from certain it will do that or recover.
    Vulcanos would be quite a disaster(yellowstone seem stable I think..or they do not think it will be an huge eruption anytime soon) there are other vulcanos I think that is more dangerous, but even so..it may cover parts of the world with dust for a long time, and all the effects from that, but it will reside and we will survive through it all as well.

4. virus, long term, if we can manage to bunker ourself, o protect ourself with suits..then I am sure we can survive even much much worse virus than a covid virus, or ala "the breakout" movie, that is not to say that it wouldnīt kill a major part of the human species perhaps, but survive I am pretty sure we will.

5. AI ..long term, we are in my eyes pretty far away from getting to an AI with such level of intelligence, and I think it will be up to us how we proceed with AI to ensure it doesnīt backlash, I recently watched the masters of sci-fi, with James Cameron discussing with for instance Ridley Scott, and Ridly said..whatever we do, we should not give AI emotions, that I understand..but it would also be challenging to develop AI to aid us..if they can not recognize and perhaps interact with us to understand our society ..if they donīt have any emotions, but itīs a tricky one..give AI emotions and we have anger, fear, envy and all that boiling in a system that finally would disregard various laws we have set up for them.

6. Alien invasion ( not likely due to distance in space)..just my personal perspective, I have during the later years, thinking about it a lot and have this feeling that we may be more alone out there than most of us think, at least for advanced civilizations, and the huge distances and the tecnology needed to travel, if itīs not space bending ala wormholes..we have

1. speed of light setīs the plausability of reaching other stars or galaxies
    2. and considering the universe only had a certain time to develop and get planets.
    3. and then a huge amount of time probably to evolve civilizations.
    4. then the time they have to travel..which also leads to nr
    5. where they need to find a star, with us as a civilisation and get here..

All these list numbers have to add additional time spans that in their own rights are expanding to a time limit of..thereīs not enough time (so far yet)

To much of it that in my mind doesnīt make it plausable it will happen, and to add to that as ..

6. they would need to be hostile, which unlike steven hawkings, I donīt believe they would be, if a civilization should rise to such level it that it survives itīs own fightīs and issues as I civilization that it could travel such distances, they would probably look for a planet with a lesser advanced lifeforms than us, and I would believe they could only reach such level with respect to their environments and other life forms, not invading and destroying it..which stephen refered to as columbo and what then happened to the indians, or maya etc..but then we can take a look at how it actually is today, and despite we may think it is uggly, we do not invade in the same manner and have developed a better sense for respecting mankind all together, of course there are exceptions..but it is better.
    O yes, we once were vikings doing raids in lindisfarne and much more ..but the nordic regions have started to develop a better sense of piece and respect for other countries over some centuries, so no..I do not think Stephens thesis on it holds up, but you never know..the aliens could be a bug brain still or machines which could mean they could disregard a lot of survival issues, decepticons..here they come

But all this is just too much for it to be plausable for an alien invasion, and I do not think any alien civilization would have been here and built the pyramid either, no matter how smart Elon Musk seem to be(he seem to beleive that as being the case?), these aliens would just not leave earth with all itīs glory, just to let us find them ala ridley scotts prometheus way.

So for Destruction of our own hands, I would put Nuclear war as Nr 1, and for nature..I would put a comet or asteroid we do not follow or know about, or can stop as the nr 1 of the most dangerous scenarios.

As for getting short on earth resources to the level that no groups of mankind could survive, and provided the climate change isnīt drasticly changing those circumstances..I think there would be millions, if not billions of years left for the earth and itīs habitants to at least try reach another star system.
    so even if mars is a failure, and even if it does take 400 or 1000 years in the future before we ever try again, we would probably have good shot then as well, but it would of course require advances to a whole new level when it concerns energy, propulsion and cryogenetics, (terraforming) and exoplanet and astro surveilance advancements.

Civilisations I would reckon ..should perhaps first advance their AI tech to such extents that it can travel and build vastly more advanced machines than we can imagine ourself, that way they as AI would be more suitable as Robonauts and have a much greater chance of surviving and actually cope with all kinds of troubles in front of them, and as machines they could be able to extend their life time and travel within a time range we as humans canīt, thatīs my logical part thinking, while my emotional part would encourage to boldly go... where no man has gone before

I forgot some things, or havenīt thought that much about it though, we have this potentional danger also..
    if the scientists may be wrong or do not know really..

Flare eruptions vastly greater than what they think they could be..then we get a nice tan before the end..

this will stagnate quite fast once singularity kicks in.

Singularity will make it possible to upgrade you, and you will have the choice to be a stone-age man, an upgraded human or a human/machine mix.

Glory days ?

Certainly the end of civilization as we know it.

----------

Singularity will fix everything, Virus/Flare Eruptions/Comets/Volcanoes/Wars... ... or after some time collapse it all.

While futurist Ray Kurzweil predicted 15 years ago that the singularity,
    the time when the abilities of a computer overtake the abilities of the human brain
    will occur in about 2045.
    Gale and his co-authors believe this event may be much more imminent,
    especially with the advent of quantum computing. --- Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited by erikals; 08-12-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Haha, that's great Shrox. I guess we are now both a part of that exclusive club. Apparently (though thankfully it has faded into distant memory) I work for the CIA because I went on record to oppose a UFO sighting that the whole world wanted to be real. Or, I was playing mind games and I was the originator of the hoax (which I wasn't). (There was no way to win the battle).

Sadly, everyone missed my point at the time, and that was the fact that computer imaging had rapidly reached a point where it had become difficult to determine what was real. That images and a tall tale were enough to convince the masses of a reality that may in fact be total fabrication. Exactly what is happening here.

It would seem that you have fallen into this same category. It is an occupational hazard. At the same time, I am conspiratorial in my thinking, because I know that things can be faked. The problem the world faces is trusting in what they see. It's really easy to suspect things are a lie at this point (just look at deep fakes). I also think it is very naive to think that at some point we haven't been deceived. Anyone who has actually witnessed something that shouldn't exist knows that something is up. Not everyone has that luxury though. So, I'd say that there is nothing you can do about it. Just accept the accolade that your work is good enough that someone would consider you capable of decieving the whole world. It's a pretty big compliment.

On a side note though, I would say that you can reach out to these people and be humble and honest. Most ...most who don't have an agenda... will listen and change their minds. It might not change their views, but it might stop them focusing their conspiratorial thoughts on you personally. Most conspiracy orientated people just see the world in creative ways, and don't believe everything they are told. This isn't a bad thing, and it usually means that they are open minded and fun people to know.
    Just not all of them... some are quite bitter. Erikals perhaps has a better idea of knowing the tone of the video.

p.s. Here is what got me into trouble... So upset were the people who said I was lying, demanded that I create an image comparable to the originals. But of course, despite the fact that this looked every bit as convincing as the original images, because they knew I created it, they said they "could easiy tell it was CGI". You can't fight a strong belief. All you can do is lower their raised opinion of who/what you are and bring them down to Earth. Maybe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o_fake_oo5b.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	453.3 KB 
ID:	148468

Congrats Shrox... oh and nice to see you about again : )

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

this will stagnate quite fast once singularity kicks in.

Singularity will make it possible to upgrade you, and you will have the choice to be a stone-age man, an upgraded human or a human/machine mix.

Glory days ?

Certainly the end of civilization as we know it.

----------

Singularity will fix everything, Virus/Flare Eruptions/Comets/Volcanoes/Wars... ... or after some time collapse it all.

In my eyes, I donīt believe for a second that within 25 years a computer brain will have surpassed what a(fairly intelligent) human brain is capable of, Iīm just looking back at how slow the development is going really, not sure we even would have self stearing cars ready by that year.
    And apart from sheer computing and AI thinking, it would need to make itīs own decisions, get a will of itīs own..and also able to respond emotionally to comprehend the human way of processing and performing, and as such we would need to incorporate human behavior..and senses for the AI to respond similar, and that would probably require organic grown sensors or a hybrid reactor for that.

So again, as Mr Ridley Scott warns, donīt give it emotions..perhaps a 4 year life span then a shut down before development of emotions.
    They should only be glad to be of use

War is coming, big war for everybody.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast