Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. I am part of a world wide conspiracy. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    The problem will always be the crossover point. Having a few self-driving cars will mean that those cars have to react to irrational human driving, and won't necessarily always be able to react appropriately. As time goes by, and robot cars become more the norm, we'll see more and more facilities that require computer control, such as caravanning, faster travel, and inter-car signalling. We'll be able to get about faster, more safely, and more efficiently but only once driving is automated. I'm not saying I want to turn driving over to the computers wholesale but I think it will come - already we let cars control gear changes in the main, with sales of manual cars being only 2 % in the US, about the same as the sales figure for electric cars.

B
    Iīm all for it if it can be made to work at a much higher safety level than humans, and especially since I have a fobia about traffic and cars and thatīs part of the reason I never took any driver license.
    When I in a car and a friend drives it, it scares the hell out of me how people drive and behave in the traffic, so I feel much more safer on a bus, my mother and father collided severely in 60īs where the car was severly demolished, some injuries on my siblings and my father and mother..but they survived and I wouldnīt have been here today otherwise, I wasnīt born that year.

The question is however, if it could be reliable enough to work for those not having a driver license, which means you can not rely on a person that should be able to override the AI system..that may be even further away perhap.

I think AI driving would perhaps lower the amount of accidents caused by drunk driving, or perhaps people who fall asleep during driving,
    but perhaps the AI may not work so good when a situation is about to happen where humans may still have an advantage to recognize all the environment around, with all the human senses from hearing, feeling vibrations, sight..and understand the environment also with a history track record of alerting situations, and assessing which action to take as the most appropiate.

The problem will always be the crossover point. Having a few self-driving cars will mean that those cars have to react to irrational human driving, and won't necessarily always be able to react appropriately. As time goes by, and robot cars become more the norm, we'll see more and more facilities that require computer control, such as caravanning, faster travel, and inter-car signalling. We'll be able to get about faster, more safely, and more efficiently but only once driving is automated. I'm not saying I want to turn driving over to the computers wholesale but I think it will come - already we let cars control gear changes in the main, with sales of manual cars being only 2 % in the US, about the same as the sales figure for electric cars.

B

Yes, that will be a problem..and for a long time, I do not think we will see the majority of cars driven by AI anytime near soon, on contrary..for quite a while.
    And as I said previously environment, human instincts and senses (at itīs best) will take a quite a while for an AI to reach.

Blog Entries
    ............................ wow what a read
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING Rev 1.xx
    1 x Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core - 3690 MHz (32 cores, 64 threads) Fractal S36 AIO
    131072 MB DDR4 DIMM 2133 MHz (8 of 8 slots)

For me, war is coming from the copious numbers of people that will be displaced by famine, flooding, desertification, and other natural disasters that are approaching at speed.

B
    I concur.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

The famine has (in more modern times) not been the main cause of the huge war conflicts, ethophia, romania, northkorea..none of these extreme famine has been the catalyst for any huge war conflict(except for possible civilwars roaming the country.
    Itīs more about ideology, and religious conflicts, and for superpowers blocking eachother out.

So no..I donīt agree on that famine (as mentioned above) or nature disasters (never heard of such thing as historicly bee a factor of war) and donīt believe it to be one for the future either.

Recalling some wars in Europe, when Sweden became a grandpower in Europe 1600, often fighting against germany, and with that greed of power and land and welth, as well as having the religion as well to fight war, that was the trigger then.
    During the 30 year old war, sweden had itīs king killed in Lutzen, but the swedish troups refused to stop the war..because the soldiers could bring in treasures from plundering the region and that was the way also to give the soldiers salery, as well as providing the nobels with huge welth, Carl Gustaf wrangel is one example of that.
    Once sweden was stopped in itīs plundering, or means to fight war ended, and when we have had famine, we were not capable of even defending ourself, and less to start or fight in a war.

This castle and itīs treasures within wouldnīt have been possible without the plundering in the regions during the wartime.
    http://skoklostersslott.se/en/node/210

The king (Gustav II Adolf) killed in battle(Death: 6 of november 1632, Lützen, Germany)..

In the end, Every darn war is about greed, nothing more, nothing less.

Lies wrapped up in sweet words.
    Last edited by erikals; 08-13-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Like my last Facebook post says before I dropped it.

Doomed by our own hand. Out, out, damned hand!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    In the end, Every darn war is about greed, nothing more, nothing less.

Lies wrapped up in sweet words.
    Perhaps, I think I will have to stop debating it here though, I have said so much about it already ...and It sort of goes out of topic for the lw community and the conspiracy topic, so I think I will sign off from that debate with this..

LOL. Conspiracy is like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_Tby_ICCw

Tension is building up in the Baltic sea, Sweden last night just decided to move some extra military forces tan(in sharp mode) over to one of our islands (Gotland)
    Due to increased military excercises from Russia and the situation around belarus.
    The Military situation chief says that right now there is extensive military operations from both west and east in this baltic sea area, in a way we havenīt seen since the cold war.

To note, our Swedish minister of Defense, had a meeting some month ago with the U.S Airforce, and discussions of concerns around russian activities may boil down the that russia claims that the U.S is
    looking for expropiate nature resources that may be revealed in the future due to climat changes
    And from Swedish side, our minister of defense said we are willing to increase our cooperation with the U.S, and that in turn..will on the other hand increase tension over at the russian side..they have know for a long,long time
    that we are not as neutral as we state we are.

Though to make it sound not so serious, the minister of defence emphasized the cooperation should be on military exercises Only, and the welcome the U.S airforce especially, guess they would like to play with
    JAS gripen and other aeroplanes the U.S Airforce has.
    I have also heard some more roarings lately from JAS Gripen flying over here, It has been years ago since I heard something from those in that magnitude.

An interesting read, and without wanting to get drawn into anything that could be considered 'politics', I recall this thought-provoking quote from the original Galactica series:

"I came from a world where the people believed that the opposite of war was peace. We found out the hard way that the opposite of war is more often slavery. And that strength, strength alone, can support freedom."
    ~Captain Apollo, Battlestar Galactica

Oops, double post.
    Mods, feel free to delete...
    Last edited by kyuzo; 08-25-2020 at 08:06 PM.

All of collective human conduct, and culture from ancient religions to sci-fi apocolypse, has been warning of our own self-engineered destruction, though ordinary people tend to be several steps behind the various elites and powerbrokers. Rightly or wrongly, the benchmark of human cruelty tends to be measured against the Holocaust, so culturally we are on the lookout for some dodgy looking guy with a half-moustache and his hair flicked to the side. But we are now in the age of big tech now and 1984 style information control, so deathcamps are oh-so-yesterday. In theory genocide could just be one text or a single tweet away, and the world's next naughty boy could very well be some slick dude wearing green credentials in the name of the environment, for example.

But war ? Surely that's now the "boring bit" since we're sleepwalking there anyway - it's all about the aftermath. Maybe a rodent equivalent of Einstein will have an epiphany and forever change the course of history to render mankind extinct. In a million years they will refer to humans as The Old Ones, as the mammals from Earth finally colonise Mars. So more of an an Elon Muskrat kinda thing...
    Last edited by TheLexx; 08-26-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Itīs a shame that we have so much power, we have power to possibly control our environment ..if we aim resources, power to possibly stop potentional destructive Asteroids, power to prevent nuclear war ever to be reality, power to in fact re-school mankind to learn about the mechanics of conflicts, and war and how to bring piece in troubled regions, we just donīt tap in to it due to old patterns, greed and not really believing we could do so.

War and peace studies should be part of every nations school system, as well as learning empathy in schools..that will at least provide a certain platform for mankind to take a steip to another level in itīs history of civilization, and it will probably
    be a good soil to help nations and itīs people to grow to a level that we could accomplish extraordinary things, such as surviving after earth resources and conditions may have made disasters, so travel to other stars with habitable planets.

Sounds easy doesnīt it?
    The trick however, is to have a global education that isnīt moulded by a nations power elite to protect their way of life, the nations ideology, what we see today is nations that wonīt allow for such education and every nation will have their version of how war and peace have transpired.
    If it happens to be anything near to diametrical to what most of the world has recognized as being the true nature of these war mechanism.
    The winners of the wars are in a position to write the "truth" as they see fit.

Even though we currently do not have perfect democracy in any country, it may still be the best form we have for nations to treat their citizens decently fairly and with justice and allowing each one to be free and express themself, and hopefully enough of that is handled in schools as well, we can only continue to work towards these democracy goals in education and values ..and hope for it to be installed in as many countries as possible before it is to late, at least that is the building blocks for that platform we eventually could have for us humans to reach another level.
    Not all have access to schools, education or democracy, not even food or water, if we should fight a war..it should be in these efforts..not against our next human kind.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Itīs a shame that we have so much power, we have power to possibly control our environment ..if we aim resources, power to possibly stop potentional destructive Asteroids, power to prevent nuclear war ever to be reality, power to in fact re-school mankind to learn about the mechanics of conflicts, and war and how to bring piece in troubled regions, we just donīt tap in to it due to old patterns, greed and not really believing we could do so.

War and peace studies should be part of every nations school system, as well as learning empathy in schools..that will at least provide a certain platform for mankind to take a steip to another level in itīs history of civilization, and it will probably
    be a good soil to help nations and itīs people to grow to a level that we could accomplish extraordinary things, such as surviving after earth resources and conditions may have made disasters, so travel to other stars with habitable planets.

Sounds easy doesnīt it?
    The trick however, is to have a global education that isnīt moulded by a nations power elite to protect their way of life, the nations ideology, what we see today is nations that wonīt allow for such education and every nation will have their version of how war and peace have transpired.
    If it happens to be anything near to diametrical to what most of the world has recognized as being the true nature of these war mechanism.
    The winners of the wars are in a position to write the "truth" as they see fit.

Even though we currently do not have perfect democracy in any country, it may still be the best form we have for nations to treat their citizens decently fairly and with justice and allowing each one to be free and express themself, and hopefully enough of that is handled in schools as well, we can only continue to work towards these democracy goals in education and values ..and hope for it to be installed in as many countries as possible before it is to late, at least that is the building blocks for that platform we eventually could have for us humans to reach another level.
    Not all have access to schools, education or democracy, not even food or water, if we should fight a war..it should be in these efforts..not against our next human kind.
    Doom.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast