Thread: seeing textures in modeler with nodes

seeing textures in modeler with nodes

hi,

I'm in modeler 2018

if i use standard shader - and a texture i can see it in open gl

if i use principled shader - and a node called layered it doesnt show up in open gl.

is there a way to set textures in opengl in 2018? using principled shader nodes?

why doesn't the layered node work with open gl?

its really frustrating.

i have to jump into lw layout - and on top of that i have to use vpr - becuase open gl textures are next to useless for showing up for some reaons.

That is the way.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

It works for me. At least images. I don't think procedures have ever worked in OpenGL in any version of LW.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorksForMe.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	754.5 KB 
ID:	148454

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    It works for me. At least images. I don't think procedures have ever worked in OpenGL in any version of LW.

Name:	WorksForMe.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	754.5 KB 
ID:	148454

can you tell me what youd display settings are set to -
    mutlit texture ect.

somethings not right becuase it wont on my system - maybe it doens' tlike my nvidia card.

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    can you tell me what youd display settings are set to -
    mutlit texture ect.

somethings not right becuase it wont on my system - maybe it doens' tlike my nvidia card.
    I find if you have another node such as the "color tool" node between the image map node and the material node then the texture map will not be displayed in open gl. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed but it really should be going forward since Lightwave relies on nodes much more now than it used to.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Yeah as Nicolas says, if you have something connected between the color node it won't show up in openGL which is a pain. But to somewhat get around that limitation I copy the shader and run a connection around the offending node and hook it up to the OpenGL input.

Name:	WorksForMeA.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	758.9 KB 
ID:	148455

Name:	WorksForMeB.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	876.1 KB 
ID:	148456

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Yeah as Nicolas says, if you have something connected between the color node it won't show up in openGL which is a pain. But to somewhat get around that limitation I copy the shader and run a connection around the offending node and hook it up to the OpenGL input.

Name:	WorksForMeA.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	758.9 KB 
ID:	148455

Name:	WorksForMeB.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	876.1 KB 
ID:	148456
    I never really noticed or thought much of the open gl input so I didn't realize that could be done. That's a nice little work around is good to know!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/