Thread: some issues with 2018

some issues with 2018

hi all,

wanted to know if anyone knows anything about some bugs in 2018.

1) added a map to a texture and i get just black instead of the transparency
    using clip map though fixed that and cut it out propperly, but shouldn't transparnecy do the same?

thats a bug right?!!

2) I've got an object, that i'm saving, with a teture with image (an awning).
    i noticed when i load it back up -the image for the awning is "missing".
    i'm not sure why it's doing that -

maybe its pointed in a direcotry thats not on the same level as the the object - i'm not sure. have to investigate it more
    but is that a thing?

thanks

peter

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    hi all,

wanted to know if anyone knows anything about some bugs in 2018.

1) added a map to a texture and i get just black instead of the transparency
    using clip map though fixed that and cut it out propperly, but shouldn't transparnecy do the same?

thats a bug right?!!

2) I've got an object, that i'm saving, with a teture with image (an awning).
    i noticed when i load it back up -the image for the awning is "missing".
    i'm not sure why it's doing that -

maybe its pointed in a direcotry thats not on the same level as the the object - i'm not sure. have to investigate it more
    but is that a thing?

thanks

peter
    Hi Peter,

1) Are you using PBSDF shader? If so, make sure you set the refraction index to 1 when you use a transparency map that way... I would highly recommend NOT to use it like that though. It is much slower (than clip map) and can cause issues when having other transparent objects behind it if your refraction setting (render panel) is not set high enough.

2) don't know... but good practice is to keep all images within the Images folder INSIDE your current Content Directory.