Thread: missing an unknown step in workflow

missing an unknown step in workflow

I've been trying to create a custom poker table to import in Steam's Tabletop Simulator. Just a static 3D model with some textures applied. I have the table done and it looks fine, but here's the catch:

To import the model Steam needs it in .obj format (no problem), and there's a text box to check and turn on collisions (so chips and cards won't fall through), but it won't take the .mtl file that holds the textures. It says it needs "either a .jpg or .png UV mapped to the object. I can export the UV map as an .eps but can't find a way to create a UV mapped .png or .jpg.

I should mention that I've been using LW for years and never upgraded past v9.2. This is the first time I've used it to build an .obj though. Other Steam content creators are doing this successfully using the free Blender app. Hard to believe I can't do it with LW.

What am I missing here? Any help most appreciated, thanks.

Haven't done that specifically, bu I believe that as long as the texture jpg is in the same location as the object, it should use that image. Your object of course has to have a corresponding UV. You might have to bake the textures.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Haven't done that specifically, bu I believe that as long as the texture jpg is in the same location as the object, it should use that image. Your object of course has to have a corresponding UV. You might have to bake the textures.
    Thanks Ma3rk. I'll give that a try with a simple multicolored cube and see if it works. Back soon.