Thread: LightWave Render - Iron Man - (way back)

LightWave Render - Iron Man - (way back)

a fun find, that very first render in this video is a LightWave render. 

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    a fun find, that very first render in this video is a LightWave render. 

Ivé been wondering why it only was used for the first suite.
    1. Different artists/studios working on the suits, ergo..using different software?
    2. The later versions needed another software to capture that kind of model or render?

I've been wondering why it only was used for the first suite.
    - Producers often spread the risks, and using several studios helps.
    - Other times the studios simply do not have the resources to complete all VFX for an entire film.

i'm guesstimating a bit here, based on things i've read in other industries.

also looking at the end credits of movies you'll often find 20+ VFX studios.

Hope to see LightWave used more in upcoming movies, the new Render Engine is Very capable, albeit quite slow.  

+If you need to render HUGE scenes LightWave 2020 could very well be -the- way.

Last edited by erikals; 07-28-2020 at 07:02 AM.

also looking at the end credits of movies you'll often find 20+ VFX studios.

Hope to see LightWave used more in upcoming movies, the new Render Engine is Very capable, albeit quite slow.  

+If you need to render HUGE scenes LightWave 2020 could very well be -the- way.

Thatīs in sync with why I did put different artists/studios at nr:1...as a probable cause.

As for render quality, just fine..as for speed, well if you invest in very expensive CPU machines for the cpu render in lightwave, or invest in octane, it will probably work just fine, but that is out of range for me.

As for Lightwave 2020, for me considering only personal 3D hobbywork for the moment, itīs not an option anymore for the upcoming years, and besides..this summer I have lost inspiration for most 3D projects, including things I would have to do in other 3D software.

Meanwhile, I will try and make the most out of staying away from too much computer time and spend on healthier activities in nature and possibly clay modeling, molding..and perhaps looking at that Digital music adventure I would like to get started on again, both those two hobby activities is really too much..Even without the 3D hobby part.
    While focusing on the other things, I can only wait some years hope lightwave someday does something drasticly to itīs software to bring back the inspiration and joy with it that I am currently missing, for me that is.

3D printing is something I just so would like to get going with(combined with clay modeling/molding) but I would probably like to get zbrush to complement it with blender and lightwave,
    (if you have all these three software to play with..they will give you a leverage on many modeling tasks, each one of them has something to bring to the table..if you know how to make use of them the most)

I could probably affort it,but currently I am awaiting for someone to pay his debt to me ..which is quite a lot, and that will probably not be finished until 2022, and the unemployment is rocketing sky high over here and even more soon, so I need to be careful and have a buffert for unforseen expenses as well, so a 3D printer isnīt the first choice, unless I could be sure to a high degree that it would bring some income in some form.

yeah, 3D over here is a bit on the back-burner here too...

got 50 other things to do, (PC & non-PC) + too little energy.

3D printing being one of them. bought one way back, have yet to build it. also need to fix a wall in this apartment, + the bathroom sealing.
    the 3D printers aren't that expensive these days tho' you should check into it. you can create lots of Fantastic stuff, and LW modeling to STL is quite alright.
    bought this one 2 years ago or so... https://www.google.no/search?&q=Anet+A6

the new SLA ones are very nice, for smaller scales,

Last edited by erikals; 07-28-2020 at 08:00 AM.

related, they probably used 3D printers for the "Real" Mark 1 suite

yeah, 3D over here is a bit on the back-burner here too...

got 50 other things to do, (PC & non-PC) + too little energy.

3D printing being one of them. bought one way back, have yet to build it. also need to fix a wall in this apartment, + the bathroom sealing.
    the 3D printers aren't that expensive these days tho' you should check into it. you can create lots of Fantastic stuff, and LW modeling to STL is quite alright.
    bought this one 2 years ago or so... https://www.google.no/search?&q=Anet+A6

the new SLA ones are very nice, for smaller scales,

Thanks for your life feedback Erik.
    Similar here, I need to do some cocooning and fix at home a lot of stuff, including purchasing furniture, fixing walls and bathroom.

I have gathered a lot of links, hints and tips on 3d printing, and printers..and will have to do a check again anytime soon..and also to what extent I can make the most of it, and what area I would like to focus on for the 3D prints.
    I think I am more interested in creating Huge prints ..so either one that can make quite huge prints, but also how to make parts and assemble for even larger scale prints (though the cost of material will rise with that)
    I will probably join a makerspace community here in stockholm, if they havenīt put a halt on everything now with corona, but for a membership fee you gain access to a lab and printers.

Some years ago, one guy with a one man company..making solutions for light displays and also making a wine dispenser solution which was TOP fed instead of Bottom fed, that with a help of a mechanical pressure solution..he did a prototype in as a 3D print..which he used makerspace printers to get it done, and it looked really good, I got in contact with him cause he needed someone to do animated illustrations of the process, how the mechanism would work and how the winebox was folded and constructed...and I delivered an animation draft with lightwave and he was impressed, but the job wasnīt a payed one, it was just a kind of unemployment state sanctioned activity, but it led to nothing due to competitive market laws, which prevented him from having a certain amount of staff within these sanctions, maybe a shame since it was an interesting job where I could use my skills in lightwave, but at the same time I wouldnīt get any salery from it, and right after that I got a job with salery.
    The product (topflow)
    https://www.swedbrand-group.com/blog...ine-technology

But as mentioned, a relative has a huge debt to me, and I excpect the major part of it coming in the upcoming two months if he follows the agreement, then there is still more to pay for him before all that is finished, but if he holds that agreement, I may start to look at a 3D printer.

There is a lot that I would like to print, from wall structures where you can place things, lamp constructions, complex structures, sometimes more organic that may be some form of lamp, to classic sculptures, but also trying out mechanical robot stuff, animatronic style but with an intent to be computer controlled, and just making molds for further casting of ornaments, various crafts etc.

Speaking of large environments, architectural renderings usually entail a lot of geometry. And I wonder why the studio MIR is not featured in the gallery and why Lightwave has not interviewed these talented artists.

https://www.mir.no/

There was an interview with MIR in 2011 and at the time it appears they were still using Lightwave.

https://www.ronenbekerman.com/interview-with-mir/

I know they also use 3dStudio Max, but it would be interesting to find out in what capacity they may still use Lightwave. Of course, they are credited with this small 2020 advert on the main page. So it seems they use Lightwave to some degree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 12.40.47 PM.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	148405
    Gary Chike

heh, sounds like you have lots of fun projects coming up Prometheus..!  

life feedback
    life... what life... ?! 

larger prints, yes, looked into that also, u might want to check out one of the Creality ones...

There is a lot that I would like to print, from wall structures where you can place things, lamp constructions, complex structures, sometimes more organic that may be some form of lamp, to classic sculptures, but also trying out mechanical robot stuff, animatronic style but with an intent to be computer controlled, and just making molds for further casting of ornaments, various crafts etc.
    the possibilities are endless...

Quote Originally Posted by chikega View Post
    And I wonder why the studio MIR is not featured in the gallery and why LightWave has not interviewed these talented artists.
    https://www.mir.no
    yes, LightWave marketing is usually done by users these days, not NT/Viz. such it is.