Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First 2020.0.2 Buggy

Not had this issue myself. Do you have any plugins loaded that maybe causing some problems? ? Just a thought.

BTW just reading your specs.... That's a beast of a system you have there. I'm droolin over it.
    Last edited by genesis1; 09-15-2020 at 02:52 AM.

now I am thinking, welcome to LW 2020 LTS :P

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    Not had this issue myself. Do you have any plugins loaded that maybe causing some problems? ? Just a thought.

BTW just reading your specs.... That's a beast of a system you have there. I'm droolin over it.
    Nothing unusual plugin wise. Both issues have happened on a couple completely different scenes. My guess is there's something amiss with refractive/reflective materials & the new render engine. The Run-away Train problem, I've no idea on that. Doesn't matter what view mode your in either.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post
    Try hitting Tab before pressing play to hide all the panels. I think it's to do with updates to them when layout is playing. I have attached an Lscript which does this automatically, so you can make this a button or a a hotkey.Attachment 148489
    Do you know if there is anyway we could get the current state of Layout HideWindows(), LScript or Python? I've look through your LScript reference, I could have missed it though.
    Since HideWindows() is a toggle, running Play.ls twice will cause Layout to lockup if the current state of the floating windows is already hidden and HideWindows() unhides them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Hardcore version:
    In Python/C/C++ you can enumerate windows using Win API.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=python+enum+windows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...er-enumwindows
    Thanks for the workaround tip, but I don't think enum opened windows would help in this case, as some floating windows can be opened or close while Layout HideWindows state is still in hidden mode. I could also do opened windows check with AHK.

Is the HideWindows state readable in the SDK? HideToolBar state is accessible but too bad I can't find where to read HideWindows.

TrueArt Support
    I see there is flag for HideToolBar in
    lwsdk2020.0.1/include/lwrender.h

#define LWGENF_HIDETOOLBAR (1<<0)
    #define LWGENF_RIGHTTOOLBAR (1<<1)
    #define LWGENF_PARENTINPLACE (1<<2)
    #define LWGENF_FRACTIONALFRAME (1<<3)
    #define LWGENF_KEYSINSLIDER (1<<4)
    #define LWGENF_PLAYEXACTRATE (1<<5)
    #define LWGENF_AUTOKEY (1<<6)
    #define LWGENF_IKENABLE (1<<7)
    #define LWGENF_LMBITEMSELECT (1<<8)
    #define LWGENF_AUTOCONF (1<<9)
    #define LWGENF_DOUBLECLICKBONEMODE (1<<10)
    #define LWGENF_MCENABLE (1<<11)

Check this LWGENF_RIGHTTOOLBAR ... does not Layout have toolbar on the left?
    Maybe misspell or artifact from the past when Layout had tool bar on the right?

Make script showing this flag as integer. Run with Hide Windows On. Run with Hide Windows Off. Compare results.

Thanks for the workaround tip, but I don't think enum opened windows would help in this case, as some floating windows can be opened or close while Layout HideWindows state is still in hidden mode. I could also do opened windows check with AHK.
    That depends on how Qt/LW implements its controls.
    In "traditional Windows GUI", controls which are inside of windows, are windows too..
    You just basically have to call EnumChildWindows():
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ation-from-net

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...umchildwindows

Try making function which is taking HWND of Layout (HostDisplayInfo in SDK),
    turn Hide Windows On,
    enumerate childs,
    log them..
    then turn Hide Windows Off,
    run script again,
    and you will see whether logs changed or not.
    Hiding controls could be implemented as making them to be invisible or physical destruction of their controls and recreation during Hide Windows Off.

I know Hidetoolbar, Righttoolbar and other can be read even in LScript but not HideWindows.

RightToolbar is the state whether Layout tool bar is on the left side (default) or the right side, you can set this in Preferences, Toolbar Position. It is not a typo or artifact.

Try making function which is taking HWND of Layout (HostDisplayInfo in SDK),
    turn Hide Windows On,
    enumerate childs,
    log them..
    then turn Hide Windows Off,
    run script again,
    and you will see whether logs changed or not.
    Hiding controls could be implemented as making them to be invisible or physical destruction of their controls and recreation during Hide Windows Off.
    This will only work on second run, if during the first run, the user already have the HideWindows toggle on, and the script would not know it, execute the command HideWindows() and PlayForward(), windows get unhidden, lockups up Layout right away, no chance for a second run to compare enum windows.

Unless the script run HideWindows() twice and do comparison to determine the current state of HideWindows before executing playforward, this could work but there will be too many unnecessary windows hiding unhiding flashes, not to mention the delay it caused. But the way I see it, this is the best workaround we can get, lacking the ability to read HideWindows state.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Last edited by tajino; 09-16-2020 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add on comments

TrueArt Support
    This will only work on second run, if during the first run, the user already have the HideWindows toggle on, and the script would not know it, execute the command HideWindows() and PlayForward(), windows get unhidden, lockups up Layout right away, no chance for a second run to compare enum windows.
    You didn't understand. My proposition was just to make temporary script which will just tell "how to detect HideWindows On state". Just this.
    If you will do what I asked, you maybe will figure it out (by flags which are not described in SDK but flag integer is changed or by scanning child windows of Layout window etc.).

Then in the real script you will execute function "isHideWindow()" (using code from temporary script), and if it is on, toggle it off (by e.g. simulating alt-f2 key press).. or refuse Play with warning message, to not have deadlock..
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-16-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I thought a system restart took care of this, but it's happened 5-6 times now.

It won't happen immediately, but if I'm in Solid Shaded or Texture Shaded preview mode & click the triangle to play forward to view my work, I'll no longer have any control over any key in Layout; it's a run-away train. I have to kill via TaskManager. Doesn't happen in the wire modes.

Will report soon, but wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
    I've just had this happen and reported it. I loaded a head with facial morphs. Played the timeline and it was just stuck in a loop of playback and would not stop and no control over LW at all. Had to use task manager to kill the program.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    I've just had this happen and reported it. I loaded a head with facial morphs. Played the timeline and it was just stuck in a loop of playback and would not stop and no control over LW at all. Had to use task manager to kill the program.
    What's the state of Prefs->General->"Play at Exact Rate" when this happens? Does toggling that have any impact on this issue's occurrence?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12