Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First 2020.0.2 Buggy

My First 2020.0.2 Buggy

I thought a system restart took care of this, but it's happened 5-6 times now.

It won't happen immediately, but if I'm in Solid Shaded or Texture Shaded preview mode & click the triangle to play forward to view my work, I'll no longer have any control over any key in Layout; it's a run-away train. I have to kill via TaskManager. Doesn't happen in the wire modes.

Will report soon, but wondering if anyone else has had this happen.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

there is no sanctuary....
    Not here, not yet anyway. Just made a little animation, played with it for 15 minutes or so, different modes, no issues. Intermittent is the worst, good luck.
    Bill Carey

3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post

It won't happen immediately, but if I'm in Solid Shaded or Texture Shaded preview mode & click the triangle to play forward to view my work, I'll no longer have any control over any key in Layout; it's a run-away train. I have to kill via TaskManager. Doesn't happen in the wire modes.

Start from disabling features that you use one by one e.g. FiberFX?

No effects. Just keyframing bones. Plenty of memory available.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

Apparently the issue is known, but as with me very intermittent. It did happen to me this AM in a wireframe mode where a earlier it seemed to only be with the shaded modes. Seems to be with heavier scene load Deuce mentioned, but not quite sure what constitutes "heavy" as hitting W to look at the scene stats doesn't seem to be particularly taxed memory wise, but there is a bit of geom.

In any case, I'm saving quite often. Hard muscle memory to overcome. You make a change & naturally you want to see if it's working.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siverback Stats.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	324.5 KB 
ID:	148372

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

seems like they are out to get you with this release

Duece did mention to me that hitting ESC has worked for them. Tried that last night. Hit it several times as one time didn't work, & finally Layout responded.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

I seem to have an interesting one, lots of crash on exit with modeler. Random, not guaranteed to repeat. It happens after ive closed a model or even when i just start modeler and then exit.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

What it looks like? how much. I also wanna get one, but no money. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    I seem to have an interesting one, lots of crash on exit with modeler. Random, not guaranteed to repeat. It happens after ive closed a model or even when i just start modeler and then exit.
    This with 2020.02, yes? Modeler's been very stable for me.

I submitted another one a few weeks ago that took me sometime to pare the scene down enough in order to send in. Last I heard case is still open so hope they track that one down. Layout doesn't crash nor does Taskman indicate Not Responding. But, it's chewing up 99% CPU and no progress on the render.

So, along with the "Runaway Train" issue and rendering in 2020 being just too unpredictable to use, I'm importing Items From Scene into 2019 for any rendering.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

Try hitting Tab before pressing play to hide all the panels. I think it's to do with updates to them when layout is playing. I have attached an Lscript which does this automatically, so you can make this a button or a a hotkey.Play.zip
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

I'll give it a try. Like I said, that pesky muscle memory thing ...

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post

I have the same issue, playback will hang Layout after working with it for while. A while is like loaded a scene, activate VPR, tweak some material, replace some object, within a few minutes should be able to reproduce this bug.

Have you reported it? I'm gathering a scene is that able to reproduce this bug reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by tajino View Post
    I have the same issue, playback will hang Layout after working with it for while. A while is like loaded a scene, activate VPR, tweak some material, replace some object, within a few minutes should be able to reproduce this bug.

Have you reported it? I'm gathering a scene is that able to reproduce this bug reliably.
    Yes I did, some time ago. I refereed to it as the "Run-Away Train" issue.

Sometimes you can tap or even hold ESC and it might break it out but not always. Tech support was aware of the issue prior to my reporting. I've yet to figure out what is triggers it. Nor am I likely to spend more of MY time trying to suss this one out.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast