Thread: sound issues

sound issues

I have a modelled character and I had a go at using morph mixer for speaking, no problems so far...
    I then import the sound and it is insanely slow and there is nothing i can do to fix this except...
    Removing all the bones from the scene, sound is now fine.. SO I begin using the morphs, the more morphs i use the more the sound slows down, this is a nightmare and I have tried it on different PCs and different versions of LW with the same result. When I say 'slow down' the frame rate still runs fine but the audio is just a total mess. The only way the audio runs ok is with no bones and no morphs being used, it also runs fine if I set display to wireframe but I cannot see the character speaking so thats not really an option.
    I thought it may have been a memory issue but the memory usage does not change as soon as I convert a skelegon into bones (after bringing in the audio)
    I now assume this is down to some setting somewhere that I have missed?
    Im using WAV as i though that was best option but is there a plug-in or even a better file format to use?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by ianay; 07-10-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Not sure if this will help you or not

I do recall one audio format not working, cant remember which one. Maybe try mp3 and see if its any better?

Also make sure 'Play at Exact Rate" is checked on in preferences under general.

'Play at exact rate'!! that was it, i knew it was something simple....
    cheers
    Last edited by ianay; 07-10-2020 at 10:08 AM.