Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LW 2020.0.1 Mac numeric input boxes problems?

TrueArt Support
    Usage of tablet is very important factor which should be mentioned in the bug report..
    Are you switching Input Method in options?

I don't have a tablet, so at least in my case that's not the problem. I do have a Logitec Bluetooth mouse, but I've never had this problem in any other program.

Erich

I'm reasonably sure this stems from how Newtek is setting up the LW UI / Qt input focus relationships. This isn't new, Mac LW's UI historically has had problems in the area of window and UI gadget input focus, long before Qt entered the picture -- that's why I suspect the problem's more on the app coding side than the Qt side.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I've tried several times unsuccessfully to screen record this problem. However, every time I go the other program - in my case Quicktime - to start the screen recording, when I go back to Lightwave, the problem has disappeared and all is working properly again. Well, at least now I know what to do to reset the bug.

Erich

Quote Originally Posted by ELinder View Post
    I've tried several times unsuccessfully to screen record this problem. However, every time I go the other program - in my case Quicktime - to start the screen recording, when I go back to Lightwave, the problem has disappeared and all is working properly again. Well, at least now I know what to do to reset the bug.
    You need to try and figure out the "trigger sequence" and then begin screen recording _before_ issuing the trigger sequence to make the problem appear. Switching away to another (gfx?) app then back to LW likely forces LW back to a "input-chain-valid" state, so you need to capture the issue without switching away until after you've captured it.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by ELinder View Post

Erich
    Is this in 2020.0.2?
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

TrueArt Support
    Hotkey screen-recording app..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12