Thread: Shut down the computer after video conversion

Shut down the computer after video conversion

Please include the "Turn off device" option ("Shut down TC") in the "Export Media" window. It is uncomfortable to leave TriCaster working with a long list of files to convert. It would be safer to leave the computer turned on overnight and shut down off after work, or something like that. Is this possible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turn-off-device.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	148283  
    Greetings, Arek.

Bulk work and then shut down is pretty common on systems that can do batch jobs but man would it suck if you accidentally left that checked and triggered an export while on the air and the system shut down.

During live streaming, no one processes the files, because TriCaster works under heavy processor load. This option is only to set up and go home. If someone is so silly that he does it during live and clicks turn TC off, it is not our concern.
    Greetings, Arek.

I'm with stp, plenty of people export files while live especially if they are uploading to social media so this could very well be a dangerous feature.

Just get a good UPS and leave it on.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4k.

It may be dangerous putting your fingers into the power outlet :-) I have a UPS. And what? I still need this feature, especially when NewTek just turned off the MP3 simultaneous recording function (instead of entering WAV right away). I do not force NewTek to introduce this functionality. I am kindly asking for it, because I need it.
    Greetings, Arek.