Thread: Avid Media Composer to Streaming PC to Zoom

Avid Media Composer to Streaming PC to Zoom

Hi All,

I am very new to NDI, and so far cannot see a way to get the audio from Avid Media Composer routed into Zoom via a streaming PC. On the editing PC, I have the HW/SW button on the avid timeline broadcasting over OpenIO_NDI, and the streaming PC receives A/V through NDI Studio Monitor without issue. However, Virtual Input seems to only allow the video to go out onto zoom. Is it possible for Virtual Input to also do the same for the audio? Choosing to run 'Audio Only' in Studio Monitor and then sharing the audio in Zoom results in out of sync issues.

The only options I have within Virtual Input are:
    Audio Only
    NVIDIA Quadro K2200 1
    [email protected]

[email protected] is what i use to get Studio Monitor working perfectly on the streaming PC, but i simply cannot get the both video and audio out onto Zoom via Virtual Input. I can only get video only. Am I missing something?

Big thanks to all who are involved in what is clearly a brilliant piece of software.

Found the problem. So simple. I was using windows remote desktop to log into the streaming pc which locked out all the other audio input/output sources and only showed 'remote audio'.

New problem: all other machines running virtual input are able to see the output. Is there a way to restrict this? There are multiple users in the building that shouldn't really be able to see each others outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesOSS View Post
    New problem: all other machines running virtual input are able to see the output. Is there a way to restrict this? There are multiple users in the building that shouldn't really be able to see each others outputs.
    You can use NDI Access Manager to create output and receive groups, this will allow for control of who can see what NDI wise. Any NDI applications running on the system that NDI Access Manager has been configured on will be affected.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks kanep. The issue i have is that users we invite into the building can enter any IP addresses they want and gain access. We'll just have to lock down NDI Access Manager as a process that requires administrator to launch. That way, our ops are the only ones that can use and manage it. Appreciate your input.