Thread: Custom Borders/Build Your Own Border

Question Custom Borders/Build Your Own Border

I am trying to make my own custom borders in on a TriCaster 860 with Advanced Edition. The information popout within the GUI states that I need to use the "BuildYourOwnBorder.psd" template to build my custom border then just upload it and TriCaster will convert it. I am unable to find the "BuildYourOwnBorder.psd" template anywhere on my TriCaster. There is no Borders folder under C:/TriCaster/Effects as the manual states there should be. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find this template or why it isn't there to begin with?

I chatted with NewTek support and the guy had no idea what I was talking about with this so I am trying here.

Thanks for any help!

That content (actually, most content) migrated in to a Windows user folder at some point. Let me hunt it up for you - brb.

Here it is - try looking in C:\ProgramData\NewTek\Effects\Borders (this is a hidden folder).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks, Steve. But don't see a Borders folder in there either. There are five folders: Animation Stores, Frame Buffer Animations, LiveSets, Overlays, and Transitions. But no Borders...

Hmmm. I guess it's possible that this feature is not supported on your system or version (which would make the info widget tip incorrect).

Do you see Borders options (settings and presets) in your DSK/Key config panel?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Here are the options I see...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image from iOS.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	148245

I reinstalled AE2 (that is what we have licensing for) and now the Borders folder and "Build Your Own Borders.psd" is in there. Not sure what happened but thanks for the help.

Huh. Not sure what can have happened, but glad you got it sorted out!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I'm guessing that perhaps the 'Content' wasn't installed when AE was installed. The border files are in the Content installer.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.