Thread: NDI and mix minus

NDI and mix minus

I have a question. We've been doing Zoom meetings, which I then live stream to the world.

Today, I need to play videos, and the Zoom host wants to talk during the video (which has audio).

Is there a way to feed mix minus audio into the Zoom meeting? I know I can send audio, just looking for a way to send mix minus audio.

thanks

The mix minus would be for the host, then? I'm not 100% certain I follow this. I regularly play videos on Zoom (using the screen share feature) and I don't think doing so mutes me, so I think I could talk over the video clip without hearing myself - but I haven't actually tried it (I will test this in a few days).

This said, if it really is an issue, or I'm misunderstanding your meaning - it's pretty easy to set up something with a TriCaster, because of its internal audio mixer with Aux busses and matrix routing. I can't think of a straightforward way to do this using Connect Pro, but here are probably software-only solutions I'm not thinking of.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm not hosting the meeting, just turning it around via the Tricaster and sending it to a stream.

So, usually I don't send the video production audio back into the Zoom, but today, they have video clips with audio that I'm playing in the Tricaster, and the audio needs to go in the Zoom meeting.

I don't want the Audio from the Zoom host to go back from the Tricaster back in Zoom meeting.

So really, you just want to send DDR audio output only to Zoom then? And the (external to TC) Zoom host wants to mix his audio over the clip a/v sent to Zoom (presumably via NDI and Virtual Input) - is that correct?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes. I don't see how to get Virtual input to send anything other than what Mix 1, 2, 3, or 4 from the TC sends.

...oh, and I'm recording the meeting, so I still need to send all audio to Main audio. Audio to recorder is via SDI.

So, you can easily set up an AUX bus in the Mixer that carries DDR sound only, then assign that as the audio source for one of the Mix outputs and pass it to VI. I'm just not 100% clear on how your external host is going to mix his audio in over that source - unless his connection to Zoom is completely separate from the system VI is on?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

BTW you might want to test this as the viewers may get their video switched back to the person voicing the commentary superseding the recorded video playback. It's Zoom doing that.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

You can spotlight one source or the other to make it dominant, but alternatively you could use the Share screen feature to output the external video if you run it in NDI Monitor.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I have some free videos on NewTekU that cover making mix-minus (audio routing) in the TriCaster for Zoom (or other VOIP) software. Just create an account and you can watch them here.

https://newtek.learnupon.com/store/8...u-free-courses
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.