Thread: TriCaster add full bandwidth NDI and proxy bandwidth NDI option for NDI input

TriCaster add full bandwidth NDI and proxy bandwidth NDI option for NDI input

Some E-gaming users feedback TriCaster have switch delay issue. I hope NewTek can add new feature for NDI input.User can select input NDI signal as full bandwidth or low bandwidth.Because if all NDI input are full bandwidth,I have tested and didn't feel no switch delay.If NDI signals are proxy NDI,it will change full bandwidth when switched to program.But you can feel delay in this process.Although the delay was short.But from proxy NDI to fullbandwidth NDI,it made users feel delay exist.I hope that newtek will adopt my feature request.Thanks.

While waiting an option to work around this is if you have a spare ME and output make a 4 layer me + keys and assign up to 8 ndi sources to it. Assign that to an output and the cameras will stay on high quality all the time.

The delay should not be happening. When I reported something like this before it turned out to be an issue with the ndi sources and a firmware update solved it.

Without really taking time to confirm this - while the delay before a switch should be infinitesimal, if it's noticeable I think you might well be able to circumvent it completely by using the Preview row rather than hot-punching on Program.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    While waiting an option to work around this is if you have a spare ME and output make a 4 layer me + keys and assign up to 8 ndi sources to it. Assign that to an output and the cameras will stay on high quality all the time.
    Sounds like a good idea, but I would test it very carefully before applying it during a production.... Depending on the set-up that could be a good way to overload the ethernet connection (s) ....

Using the proxies when possible is certainly a way they help manage men with utilization on the ethernet connections. Assuming you have both ethernet connections plugged in getting eight 1080p NDI feeds should be doable. If you are doing 4K you will need to cut that in half most likely.

Always test :-)