Thread: EPSF Loader not showing up

EPSF Loader not showing up

Hi, all. After years of zero problems importing, my Import function for EPS (File > Import > EPSF Loader) just mysteriously stopped working. More specifically, nothing in the Import sub-menu appears. Any ideas?

I'm on LW 2019.1, running on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6). It sort of looks as if I need to re-point a directory somewhere, but I'm drawing a blank on how to do that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 7.12.22 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	148071

Just to follow up on that problem — and my very first post on this forum in more than eight years, apparently — something got out of whack with my Menu Layout. I sort of fixed my issue by locating the EPSF_loader plugin and manually assigning it to the 'Import' submenu. This doesn't explain why it got yanked from my Menu Layout in the first place, but at least the plugin for sure works (just tested it).

If anyone has ideas, feel free to chime in. Otherwise, thank you for joining me on this journey.

I'd go in & reset your menus back to default if you haven't saved your own previously. Actually, set to Default first then to something like 2018 or 2019 then restart Modeler.
    Good luck.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I'd go in & reset your menus back to default if you haven't saved your own previously. Actually, set to Default first then to something like 2018 or 2019 then restart Modeler.
    Good luck.
    Thanks! I may just go ahead and do that — I noticed a few other menu items that got bumped out of place. Weird. I have a couple of custom shortcuts I like on the modeling side, but otherwise defaults work for me.

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    Even better, with LightWave 2019 came the ability to search through all available commands really easily. Just hit Ctrl-Space (might be Command on the Mac), and a menu will appear with everything in it. Now just type 'eps' and the list will narrow down to four commands (actually, just two but in two different places). If your EPS Loader isn't in there it means you have a more serious problem, that of no plugins working. To remedy that, hit Alt-F11 and then the Scan Directory button.

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3