Thread: Audio Mixer 'Solo' function

Audio Mixer 'Solo' function

I understand what the 'Solo' function does for Audio INPUTS (allows my headphones to preview a single source), but what does it do an Audio OUTPUT?

Use case:
    I'd like to configure a more powerful output for my Stream Audio OUTPUT, by boosting that fader. That works fine but I would like to be able to preview that through my headphones. I assumed the Stream SOLO button would do that but I don't hear differences in the Stream Audio fader in my headphones when I select Solo on Stream fader.

Thanks,
    Stephen

TriCaster 460
    AE2

Pressing SOLO on an output will send that output to the headphone jack. For example, you might want to listen to AUX1 (instead of Master), pressing AUX1 SOLO will let you hear it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Pressing SOLO on an output will send that output to the headphone jack. For example, you might want to listen to AUX1 (instead of Master), pressing AUX1 SOLO will let you hear it.
    But I don't hear a difference in my headphones when I boost the output's fader. Do you expect that I would hear that difference in headphones?

Thanks,
    Stephen

I'm not certain, and would be glad if I were wrong - but it wouldn't surprise me if this were not true for streaming outputs, as these may involve a somewhat different gain mechanisms than other audio outputs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")