Thread: Mac Scan Converter

Exclamation Mac Scan Converter

Hi, Just in the process of setting up a TC1 system. Using NDI where ever we can, but finding a real lack of NDI documentation. We have invested over $30K for starters, but not knowing much about NDI we are at the point where we are experimenting with the free tools to see what the possibilities are for our workflow. So far our biggest concern with investing in NDI is documentation. I built my first video editing system in Cleveland in the 80's (tape). Starting working with Newtek when they were selling joysticks... Did the toaster thing, and started with Tricasters at the Studio level. Know enough to get into trouble. So we have been plodding along with NDI hacking our way through the Networking issues and so far succeeding quite well. However we are not making progress in the Mac arena. We need to get Keynote NDI streams out for our speakers who won't part with their beloved Macs. Just uploaded the Mack tools to an old Mac Mini Capitan for testing integration into our workflow. All we can get with Scan Converter is a split window NDI stream with half screen of the Keynote app/half screen of the presenter's view. We can also get a presenters view NDI stream and a Keynote app screen NDI stream, but no slideshow NDI stream. The streams we get are odd sized screens like an ROI and we can only control size by enlarging the Keynote app screen. Don't find any options to set an ROI like in the pc version or for full screen capture. We see the Scan Converter Icon on the task bar, but the options are totally different from the PC. The Scan Converter Menu offers selections between the available screens and this gives us one option that is near functional: The Keynote app with one sub option for the App window in an odd size. When we select options from the taskbar we get a choice between Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, (and all monitors or None). Tried all the different iterations. We are able to accomplish a stream of the Keynote app and the presenters view, but not the slideshow. Does anyone know of ANY documentation for the Mac Scan Converter. Or is there another option for getting Keynote into NDI streams?

I don't have a Mac handy, but I wonder if this odd behavior flows from dpi settings?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Dpi in reality is related to the size of the display/field/frame etc. Resolution on the other hand is related to the number of elements composing the display/field/frame etc. I presume your are referring to the resolution. I'll have to give that some thought, as right now I'm not sure how that would cause a split display, which I would think is more related to software. Any ideas?

Just found Mark Gilbert's Mac Scan Converter. Will try it and see...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKey View Post
    Dpi in reality is related to the size of the display/field/frame etc.
    I use the term loosely, of course (on a Windows system this would be presented to the user as a percentage under "Scale and Layout"; regardless, it's not uncommon for a 'high density' display to cause registration issues with some apps on either platform.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

NDI Scan Converter will show all desktops as one display. The Sienna tool allows you to choose which monitor to display.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.