Thread: Tricaster Triggering Daktronics Show Control

Tricaster Triggering Daktronics Show Control

Hello All:

Has anyone ever configured a Tricaster to trigger buttons in Daktronics Show Control via GPI (or anything else)?

Thanks for your time,
    -Tim

I don't know much about the Daktronic Show Control software, but if it has GPI, there is the JL Cooper interface that can be added to the TriCaster to perform this.

Otherwise, this is likely something that NewTek Professional Services can help you with. We have ways to extend workflows out of the TriCaster to interface with other systems. If the Show Control software has an API, we can likely communicate with it. Even if it doesn't have an API, but it does have keyboard shortcuts, we can make that work as well.

If you need more information send me a direct message. I've written these workflows to interface with QSC audio systems, KST cambot system, Watchout video walls, BlackMagic Hyperdecks and more.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks very much for the reply. I too am just learning that Show Control accepts GPI commands. So I do not yet have all the requirements to set this up. I am trying to acquire them. Once I do, I'll have a better answer for you.

Thanks again for the reply and kind offer of help. Stay safe!