Thread: Using text fields in LiveText to modify Datalink keys?

Using text fields in LiveText to modify Datalink keys?

I have no idea if this is possible, but if it is it would be great in terms of simplicity for graphics ops:

Is it possible to create a Datalink key that is tied to a text field in your LiveText project? For example, if I have a sports scoreboard and type "College1" into a text field, could I then have a placeholder image that will swap in for another titled "College1.png"? And further, could I then use that to "copy" the text to other fields within the project (so they all read the same as the initial one)?

If I am understanding your question correctly, then yes, this is possible. I have a tutorial that explains how to do this with SuiteCG that might prove helpful. https://suitecg.com/tricaster/
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Wait... maybe not. It sounds like you're asking if you can change the text string within LiveText... like, from LiveText change a value and have other text or image elements link to that text field. No... I don't think that is possible. But that is why I made SuiteCG, to handle team details and game status with relative ease.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U