Thread: Tricaster Mini HDMI 4 SDI- Program not showing on built-in monitor

Tricaster Mini HDMI 4 SDI- Program not showing on built-in monitor

I have just unboxed and set up a brand new Tricaster Mini HDMI 4 SDI. All seems fine, except that the Program is not displaying on the unit's built-in monitor. Last time I set one of these up, I believe it appeared automatically by default. Any ideas?

Thanks!

B

Is there a monitor? Current shipping Mini units (with dual Ethernet and 4x MiniDisplayPorts) do not have the side case monitor.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I was going to mention the 4 MiniDisplay ports. So the design has changed? No more side monitor?

I haven't seen any info on that, and the units I see for sale online still show the monitor.

(BTW, I did not set this up personally, so haven't seen the unit myself. My tech reported no image on the monitor. I think I would have noticed the monitor was not actually there. )
    Last edited by bobbytee; 05-28-2020 at 09:06 AM.

The new Mini has updated motherboard with dual NICs and new GPU with 4x MiniDisplayPort outputs. However, the side case monitor was removed from this design. The NewTek website should not being showing units with the side monitor, but I do not know if 3rd party sites have updated their images.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Understood, thanks. I did find the Mini SDI hardware update page. We ordered a dozen of these units back in Feb and of course had a hard time getting them once the shutdown happened. I don't deal with the distributor directly, but surprised we never got any alert or notification of the changes to the unit. No real harm down though.

Thanks again.