Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightwave 2020.0.1 Is Now Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty3DGuru View Post
    when you have an M.2 PCIe4.0 SSD, it takes about 3/5 secs to boot up and shut down.
    if you raid 0 with x3 m.2 = appx 9gb/sec so could get faster

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    if you raid 0 with x3 m.2 = appx 9gb/sec so could get faster
    I've never ever tried a raid setup, always chickened out.

I guess you have done it then.
    'LW CAN IF YOU CAN BE ARSED TO TRY HARDER'

LW2020 - LWCAD - ODTOOLS 2019 - OCTANE V4

I use several render engines and 3D softwares. I must say I really like the LW Node editor. It's so easy to have 2 node networks setup inside the editor, one material for LW native render and one material setup for Octane. A simple switch and connect and your good to go for either render engine.

That would have been a request for Oliver or someone. A python plugin to switch all materials in the scene to go from LW Native/Octane, on mass.
    'LW CAN IF YOU CAN BE ARSED TO TRY HARDER'

LW2020 - LWCAD - ODTOOLS 2019 - OCTANE V4

Just tried this. Opened modeler from layout sending an object to modeler and it crashed. Modeler opened OK, then I went to layout to save the scene and it crashed. Don't know if they've fixed the fibre fx loading issue as not checked that. Env. Light rendering problem looks like its fixed. Not sure why it crashed when I sent my model to layout but got windows compatibility troubleshooter pop up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200528_112808.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	147956  

An addition to the video card angle. Intel have leveled up their driver development and are now offering frequent and feature rich updates for 2016 Skylake or newer iGPUs. Latest is dated 5/5 2020 and should work on most machines now:

"As of this release, Intel Graphics DCH drivers are now unlocked to upgrade freely between Computer Manufacturer (OEM) drivers and the Intel generic graphics drivers on Download Center. Simply use the EXE and enjoy the update on your 6th Generation Intel Processor platform or higher, and don’t worry about your OEM customizations, they remain intact with each upgrade and the OEMs can maintain customizations separately via Microsoft* "

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Here is a link to the NVIDIA studio driver for GeForce cards released yesterday: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driv...x/147971/en-gb

"NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond."

Includes release notes for the non-believers with exciting reading like:
    [Vulkan driver][Octane Renderer]: Vulkan reports the wrong number of physical devices. [2417633]
    or
    [Adobe Premier Pro]: The application may crash or experience TDR events on some
    systems. [2557111]
    and even
    [Resolve Studio]: UHD performance has dropped. [2532482]

Probably even more action in the Radeon Pro driver release notes at amd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    Here is a link to the NVIDIA studio driver for GeForce cards released yesterday: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driv...x/147971/en-gb
    The drivers in your link are 1 year old
    The last Studio drivers are version 442.92 from 04/16/2020

Oops sorry, that's why the driver version seemed to be too low...

The latest Studio driver page links to a Youtube page just for that driver: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDe...6nhq3mLM4oLGWw
    A Youtube channel for a video card driver, really?

"You can also stay up to date on the latest apps through NVIDIA’s new Studio YouTube channel, featuring tutorials, tips, and tricks by industry-leading artists. Stay safe, and stay productive!"

Posting my first 2020 trial renders of the new LW2020 scene from the manual of the "Bullet Mars Explorer" scene.
    https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...tting+Up+Visor

The first one is the scene as is with Brute Force rendering method: 41s on a 16-core AMD 3950x.
    The second one uses the Irradiance cache renderer (pre-baked 2nd and 1st cache): 156s

Guess I need to learn more about the different settings of the 2 engines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BME_2020_IC2_156s.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	147989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BME_2020_BF_41s.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	147988  

Quote Originally Posted by glw View Post
    The dev team fixed a long-standing OpenGL issue in Modeler in this release. :

Haven't had a chance yet to do much more than some modeling tasks but Layout unfortunately still crashes when geometry is present and you've set the settings to Input Device: Tablet and ticked Left Button Item Select. You literally can't select a thing without immediately getting a crash dialog (on a Surface Pro). Hopefully that issue will be fixed soon.
    Just a note for anyone experiencing the problem I mentioned above in Layout - one of the Devs reached out to me and suggested that I turn off "OpenGL Picking" in Preferences; I did and now Layout works fine with my Surface Pro 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12