Thread: 2020.0.1 got released!

Frequenter

2020.0.1 got released!

Am I the first to notice? - 2020.0.1 is available in your account!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020_0_1.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	147949

First glance through the Change List shows a vast number of fixes...
    Even if the header reads a slight bit confusing:

LightWave 2019.0.1 (Build 3115) Final Release Change Log - May 22, 2020

2020.0.1 will install into its own directory. 2020.0.1 uses the same license as your 2020.0 license - just drag-and-drop the license into the interface of 2019.0.1 when first launching 2019.0.1.

Bumped product version to 2020.0.1.
    Set the build number to 3221.

That list of bugs was so long that one might have expected it to be a list of unresolved/acknowledged issues. But no, it is listed under "Fixes of note". The developers' fingers must be bleeding with all that work.

Many thanks to the devs (that don't read these forums).
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Don't forget all users who took the trouble to file a bug report.
    Glad to see this update!

Newbie Member
    so Python to replace LScript

That's a HUGE list of fixes! Now let's hope that those fixes didn't cause to many new bugs. If testing goes well with this version I might start using 2020 in production soon.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Strider_X View Post
    so Python to replace LScript
    Yeah... LScript is dead but Socket Monkey still lives... ��

Good to see an update with many fixes, specially in the VDB and rendering area.

Unfortunately LW 2020.0.1 still crashes on my Intel Core i7 8gen Notebook (Dell XPS 13) where 2019 and earlier worked well. Works fine on other machines (Ryzen 9 systems or Dell XPS 15 with NVidia graphics). According to Newtek support and release notes Intel based graphics chipset is not supported anymore. Too bad because it reduces LW's versatility to run on various lower spec'ed systems.

Awe dang...doesnt look like my long running bug made it on the list.... Still impressive amount of fixes in there.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    According to Newtek support and release notes Intel based graphics chipset is not supported anymore. Too bad because it reduces LW's versatility to run on various lower spec'ed systems.
    That's too easy an attitude, in my opinion. Other 3d software works with Intel chipsets, even if performance is less than stellar. Maya, Blender, C4D, etc. all work on Intel chips.

Is it too much to ask for the same? So what's next? No future Metal support on Mac for LightWave?

Now that I mentioned it: what ARE Newtek's plans anyway on updating LightWave for Metal? Will support for Mac be dropped at that point when Mac goes Metal only?
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Couple of feature requests made it too:

• Added support for Unreal Engine 4.25 to the Unreal Bridge
    • Updated Unreal Bridge Binary for Unreal 4.24
    • Updated Optix to 6.5.0.
    • NRC Mobile app updated
    • Fixed OpenGL HDR issues.
    • SSS optimizations.

• LWF-0326 Save Transformed function request. "SaveTransformed" supports object multi-selection.
    • LWF-1215 Add a "brightness/exposure" control to Texture Environment
    • LWF-1326 Added the ability to sort by columns in the NRC Controller's Node and Task trees.
    • LWF-1828 Improvement point to Cell Shading Part1.
    • LWF-1844 In the output of the SurfaceID buffer, SurfaceID arbitrarily and output
    • LWF-2490 change name notification array memory fixes.
    • LWF-2615 [request]Revival of Diffuse Shading.
    • LWF-2632 [Improvement]Display Hierarchy selected on view in Scene Editor.
    • LWF-2642 [request]Edit Hidden Vertices with Metamorphic. Added a "Smart Pick" mode to Metamorphic, to support sculpting of obscured polygons in wireframe modes.
    • LWF-2654 [Improvement]Highlight select support on Scene Editor.
    • LWF-2656 Layout: Require rename dialog only once for many selected scene items
    • LWF-2656 The recorded command does not need to be repeated for each renamed scene item.
    • LWF-2657 Hierarchy expansion using shortcut keys in Scene Editor.
    • LWF-2721 - recent version of TBB
    • LWF-2795 Use the MMB to pan around the node editor
    • LWF-2802 MMB use In the graph editor, the middle mouse button now acts like the node editor scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    That's too easy an attitude, in my opinion. Other 3d software works with Intel chipsets, even if performance is less than stellar. Maya, Blender, C4D, etc. all work on Intel chips.

Is it too much to ask for the same? So what's next? No future Metal support on Mac for LightWave?

Now that I mentioned it: what ARE Newtek's plans anyway on updating LightWave for Metal? Will support for Mac be dropped at that point when Mac goes Metal only?
    Yes fully agree. And yes, all other 3D software (some of them way more complex or feature rich) run fine on the same machine. LW 2020 Layout crashes already with two primitive objects (every time when to objects are created and switching selection from one to another).

This is what I got from support after creating a crash report (after they asked for hardware and driver details that was already attached in the report) :

"At this point - we develop for nVidia and AMD/ATI - we cannot look to having all the other things that require CUDA, OptiX, or anything up-coming that will not work on those chipsets.

That's why we have to have minimum system specs"

Frequenter
    This is a great move:
    " Also included in 2020.0.1 is support for the Unreal Engine build 4.25, and update for 4.24.
    This has also been made as a ‘hot fix’ download for registered 2019 owners in addition. "
    From the blog post: https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2020/05...available-now/

Ahh, and this too, of course:
    " As a thank you – all users of 2020 trials will be reset. You will want to download 2020.0.1 and re-register for a new trial key, but it will give you a new fresh 30 day time limit. "
    :-)
    Last edited by fishhead; 05-27-2020 at 03:19 AM. Reason: added an first oversight, greatly appreciated note...

In Play Store the NRC Monitor app version is still 2020.3214 26 feb 2020.