Thread: NDI HX camera to Tricaster running AE2

NDI HX camera to Tricaster running AE2

I downloaded the new NDI HX camera app and I was hoping to use it with my older TC Mini running AE2 Version 5-1 191224, which is the latest version. The Mini recognizes the stream, but I get a message that says "To access the NDI stream, please update the receiver software to a version prepared using the NDI 4 SDK (or better)." I downloaded the latest NDI HX drivers for this machine which is build 200520, which is the latest version. Is there something I can update to allow me to use this NDI source?

The NDI HX Camera app requires NDI 4.0 or higher to operate. TriCaster AE2 is running at a NDI 3.7 (or 3.8) level if I recall. The TriCaster needs to be running AE3 for this to have the updated NDI libraries.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

So, even though I updated the TriCaster with NDI tools 4.0 I won't be able to receive any NDI HX feeds? I tried the older Sienna NDI Cam App and in Full NDI mode I can use it, but in NDI HX 2 I cannot. I also assume that if I purchase a newer NDI HX device like a Spark, Bird Dog, or a PTZ camera, I will not be able to use them with this TriCaster? Is the NDI embedded in the TriCaster OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Selld View Post
    So, even though I updated the TriCaster with NDI tools 4.0 I won't be able to receive any NDI HX feeds? I tried the older Sienna NDI Cam App and in Full NDI mode I can use it, but in NDI HX 2 I cannot. I also assume that if I purchase a newer NDI HX device like a Spark, Bird Dog, or a PTZ camera, I will not be able to use them with this TriCaster? Is the NDI embedded in the TriCaster OS?
    Each application carries it own NDI library. Installing NDI Tools on a system, will not change the NDI libraries used by other applications on that same system.

I've heard you can use Zen RTx running on another computer to receive NDI-HX2, it will then turn it into full bandwidth NDI that you can accept on a AE2 or older system.
    http://www.zenvideo.co.uk/ndi.htm
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Understood. I have had success with devices that are sending Full NDI like the Bird Dog cameras and Mini. Any Full NDI source should work, right? Is there a document that explains the evolution or comparison between the different flavors of NDI? Thanks for the lead on Zen Networks. I'm looking at those applications now.
    Last edited by Selld; 06-19-2020 at 01:47 PM.

NDI-HX2 was added at NDI version 4, so you must be on that version of higher for compatibility.
    NDI-HX1 was added at NDI version 3, so you must be on that version of higher for compatibility.
    High bandwidth NDI (the most common method) will go all the way back to version 1.0.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.