Thread: Losing line ins and Outs on a 410 with bonus interlacing issue

Losing line ins and Outs on a 410 with bonus interlacing issue

I haven't established the cause or the solution to this intermittent problem I'm having on a 410. It's cropped up twice now. The first time it resolved itself, no changes made as best as I can recall.

I'm posting here in the hopes that someone recognises the issue and perhaps has a solution.

Audio line inputs 1 and 2 are non-functioning - just giving spikes of signal on the meters.

Audio outputs are either non-functioning in the case of the headphone output or just giving hiss and very quiet recognisable signal when playing back from DDR.

There are just spikes of hiss on the recording.

I'm also seeing interlacing effects on the programme output, when outputting camera signals (DDR is fine). - see video above

It doesn't matter what's plug in to the audio inputs (or in fact if nothing is plugged in).

I can work around the audio issues (although it's not ideal). But the odd interlacing video one I can't.

This felt like an audio hardware issues until I noticed the interlaced video.

The issues persists across sessions and appeared today in a session that was working well yesterday. No changes made overnight aside from switching on another camera on input 2.

Tried uncountable restarts with various things plugged in and not, I'm stumped.

The fact that's it's previously resolved itself makes me reluctant to factory reset

Thanks for reading
    Iain

The video is showing up as private. What version software on the TriCaster? Have you contacted NewTek support?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane, apologies - sorted the video.

Not as yet, will do.
    Iain

Tricaster details:
    TCXD410
    Build: 5-1-191224C

Predictably I've switched the machine on this morning and it's back to normal. No changes made.

Could it be environmental? It wasn't especially warm at the weekend but the fans on the machine were certainly more active than they currently are.

I've submitted a support request with above info.