Thread: Teams NDI

Teams NDI

Looks like it's imminent:

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/news.yaho...150049620.html

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

This is really, really cool. ACS is shifting to pretty much 100% virtual workforce and I am being asked to do a lot more with Teams. Right now, I use an offboard PC to feed the TC the Teams content so this is a most welcome development.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    This is really, really cool. ACS is shifting to pretty much 100% virtual workforce and I am being asked to do a lot more with Teams. Right now, I use an off-board PC to feed the TC the Teams content so this is a most welcome development.
    We're pretty pleased, too. This will be great for workflow, but also helps entrench NDI's 'pole position'.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    My understanding (as I desperately try to find the link where I read this) is that Teams will output a separate NDI stream FOR EACH PARTICIPANT!
    This could be really great, if we can still do a bit of tweaking in regards to bandwidth allocation for quality purposes.

Exciting news!

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + Mini 4K
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, PTZ1, Multiple Spark & Bird Dog converters
    reddogrecords.com

NDI for Teams and Skype integration

Found the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...microsoft-365/

details:
    Broadcast events and create studio productions from a virtual stage in Teams—With so many organizations working remotely, and travel at a record low, how do you recreate the magic of an in-person presentation or interview for an all-remote audience? Introducing new Network Device Interface (NDI) support and Skype TX interoperability for Teams. It offers a more advanced set of production options for both public and private, customized, high-scale broadcasts.

Coming soon, NDI for Microsoft Teams will transform a Teams meeting into a virtual stage by converting each participant’s video into a discrete video source that can be used in the production tool of your choice: OBS, Wirecast, Xsplit, StreamLabs, and many more. This functionality enables you to use Teams meetings in other ways, including hosting a professional broadcast.

Someone from NewTek needs to remind Microsoft that you are a long-time partner and they should AT LEAST MENTION YOU in this article!!
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    ... they should AT LEAST MENTION YOU in this article!!
    I confess that did seem a rather unfortunate omission.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Is anyone beta-testing this feature? Is it working, but not released...or just an idea and still vaporware?
    reddogrecords.com

For what it's worth Skype for creators currently will allow you to output NDI streams for each person in a group call for the active speaker. The audio is not isolated per speaker which is the biggest downside I did some quick tests a while ago and it worked out. One thing I wanted to test was if the audio the local machine gave back to the call was in the mix or not. If not you could at least create a mix to send to skype with any sound effects/ddr audio etc + program video feed.
    Last edited by stp_productions; 06-10-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks STP. that is great news.
    Hopefully the Teams integration will offer a few more adjustment options. Not that hope is a strategy or anything...
    reddogrecords.com