Thread: BSOD on TC Mini HD-4i

BSOD on TC Mini HD-4i

Hello everyone,

I haven't opened a ticket with NewTek on this issue yet, but I thought I'd start here to see if anyone has any advice.

I have a Tricaster Mini HD-4i. I've had it since they came out in 2014. I upgraded it to Advanced Edition in 2017.

For a while now it has been occasionally locking up with a blue screen of death. It usually was only after it had been running for a long time (24 hrs +), but it has been doing so even more frequently lately. I have looked in the Event Viewer and cannot find any errors. The stop codes are either 0x0000001E or 0x0000003B. Googling seems to indicate it could be a corrupt driver.

Anyone have to deal with this and have a successful solution? Is there a end-user way to nuke the system and reinstall from scratch?

There there is the built in restore, which will boot into a Linux partition and gives you the option to re-image the C: back to the from the factory install. Then register, update the system to current. Make sure you back up anything on the C: drive that you need to keep before you do this process.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.