Thread: Blood Angel Fan art for 3D printing.

Blood Angel Fan art for 3D printing.

Hello everyone,

I thought this may be of interest to everyone. This shows how Lightwave can be used to model for 3D printing. (For anyone new or has not tried).

After modelling, the subD's are frozen and exported as OBJ format - loaded into Magics or Netfabb and converted to watertight STL files.
    (Just for the people new to this process).

I wanted to produce a Space Marine with proportions a little closer to what a human could wear as opposed to the originals / still crazy design but it's fantasy.
    This is fan art and not for the Games Workshop. It was done to show what Lightwave can produce both digitally and physically to raise awareness.

The print was done on a work MJP 2500 Projet from 3Dsystems. The material is dental resin that builds with wax supports that melt away, leaving the print.
    Once printed, I gave the model to a friend and fan of GW. Dave was nice enough to assemble and paint it to drive the sample forward.

The Blood Angel piece stands at 40 cm (16 inches) but, could be printed at full scale with a few adjustments to the shelling.

Hope you enjoy the pics that are renders and photos of the 'work in progress' print.

Best regards, Jet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BloodAngel_Jet Cooper 01.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	147864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blood Angel_ Jet Cooper 02.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	804.1 KB 
ID:	147863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blood Angel_ Jet Cooper 03.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	147862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blood Angel_ Jet Cooper 04.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	147861  

Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Hello everyone,

I thought this may be of interest to everyone. This shows how Lightwave can be used to model for 3D printing. (For anyone new or has not tried).

After modelling, the subD's are frozen and exported as OBJ format - loaded into Magics or Netfabb and converted to watertight STL files.
    (Just for the people new to this process).

I wanted to produce a Space Marine with proportions a little closer to what a human could wear as opposed to the originals / still crazy design but it's fantasy.
    This is fan art and not for the Games Workshop. It was done to show what Lightwave can produce both digitally and physically to raise awareness.

The print was done on a work MJP 2500 Projet from 3Dsystems. The material is dental resin that builds with wax supports that melt away, leaving the print.
    Once printed, I gave the model to a friend and fan of GW. Dave was nice enough to assemble and paint it to drive the sample forward.

The Blood Angel piece stands at 40 cm (16 inches) but, could be printed at full scale with a few adjustments to the shelling.

Hope you enjoy the pics that are renders and photos of the 'work in progress' print.

Best regards, Jet
    Nice...thanks for sharing,
    I wonder how many props are given back to you standing at home

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Nice...thanks for sharing,
    I wonder how many props are given back to you standing at home
    A few... My wife hates the clutter and my children are to young to appreciate what they are.... 8 )

Looks Fantastic!  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz