Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Permanent thread for all the other products people want to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    As I said: Enough. No more nitpicking. No more dissection of discussion.

Keep it simple. No Blender. No Houdini. Except in dedicated threads.

Enough.
    Thatīs not gonna work, especially since that is not what you said for dedicated threads in the first place.
    and not since you continue to police with enough, you do not have mandate to dictate that really.
    You and I are part of the problem of not starting the flame, but inflating it...you guys should have left all this to Sbowie to moderate and not try to do that by yourself.

Nope. Enough.

Nope. Enough.
    Please donīt add to the inflation.

Enough.
    yeah I agree, its screwing up this great thread and ruining the whole premise of encouraging good artists to post quality content promoting Lightwave.

Apologies Jet3D

OK, I'm tired of this too. Et voila ...

We already have a thread for discussing interop between Blender and LW. Now we have one for people who want to discuss the (purported or real) benefits of competing apps. I probably won't move every last post of that sort here: For example, if someone simply says, "I wish LW's feature X worked more like Modo's version", or "Is there any ways to do this Blender trick in LW?", I might (repeat, "might") let it stand. But if it goes on for more than about two sentences, look for it here.

And btw, I'm not going to spend much, if any time, defending my decisions. Sometimes something will get scooped up that arguably might not fit here. This isn't the Supreme Court, and I'm not going to spend all my time parsing minutiae. Sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Frequenter
    A good move, literally... ;-] Thx, Steve...

Well this might be the first time I think a threads split ok

My two cents on this

a) As a personal rule of thumb, I followed all the years, is to keep software discussions out of the equation when it comes to gallery / artwork submissions,
    if they are not used by the original artwork.....nothing good ever comes out of this.

b) Using different software to get the job done is imho allways ok, but shouldn't evolve into a full fledged drama like it happens much to often here.
    Because this is one of the thing wich hurts the community.

there was a c, but it nails down what lewis said, use the software wich feels right for you.

Iīm not sure, didnīt the forum rules state that only Lightwave 3rd party should be in Lw third party? and other products in the General discussion?
    The fact that we have a blender 1001 to use with lightwave thread, that is more of the case of that it can be considered as to be working in conjuction with Lightwave.

But if it was split and done by Sbowie, then I have nothing to say other than that question about what the rules stated.

I am awaiting the supreme courts decisions on this

Nah. Nope. Enough.

Enough.

Yeah never look at what others are doing.
    And that's how, in 2018, you end up like Newtek : proudly showing in a video that your 3D app can now do arrays INTERACTIVELY.
    That's how in 2020, you present ONLY ONE new feature for your modeling app, and that feature is broken.
    I could go on and on, it is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastoy View Post
    Yeah never look at what others are doing.
    Your logic does not track, sorry. These forums have been extremely tolerant of critical comments for many years. Did that tolerance bring about the results you wanted? Clearly not. Equally true, neither will keeping the discussion on topic have any significant chilling effect on development. It will, however, allow those who want to share positive things to do so without being ganged up on by some who feel the need to interrupt every non-critical thread.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It is easy to read other forums and follow progress of other programs. This forum is a dedicated forum for Lightwavers who still use and like using Lightwave.
    Last edited by Chris S. (Fez); 05-19-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Your logic does not track, sorry. These forums have been extremely tolerant of critical comments for many years. Did that tolerance bring about the results you wanted? Clearly not. Equally true, neither will keeping the discussion on topic have any significant chilling effect on development. It will, however, allow those who want to share positive things to do so without being ganged up on by some who feel the need to interrupt every non-critical thread.
    Fair enough. So when and where can I comment and criticize, and get an answer from Newtek ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastoy View Post
    Fair enough. So when and where can I comment and criticize, and get an answer from Newtek ?
    I'm not really sure, but this was never meant for that. That is, these forums have never been a primary mechanism for two-way communication with NewTek, or the developers. Not to say staff has never popped in, or that we've never made announcements here ... but they exist primarily to allow members of the community to help one another with NewTek products. They really are not part of the support, sales or marketing systems.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast