Thread: VMC1: Macro to reset transition state

VMC1: Macro to reset transition state

Hello,

it's being a long time since I last posted here, but I'm setting up a news channel using a VMC1 (actually, a Viz Vectar) tied to a Mosart automation controller.

The VMC1 is a powerful machine but I'm still learning a lot of things. Still used to an old TC 8000, I was suprised but the macro editor that is now full featured.

I'll try to explain what I need to do: I feed three walls using three separate M/Es, easch one with a loop coming from an animated buffer. I need to slide a resized video on the background loop, and then take it out. The "Slide L" effect on a keyer does, basically, what I need. I have to do this using mostly macros (Mosart is designed for traditional vision mixers and can't control B/C/D layers).

The first time the macro is triggered, the effect runs. The second time, it runs back. So far, so good. My problem is that I'd like the macro to restart every time I trigger it, so basically I need it to reset the transition status, so that every time I do a fade, the slide starts over instead of going back and forth. Then I can do two macros, one for taking in and one for taking out the resized video. There are a few reasons why this makes things simpler that I can explain if someone is interested.

I think that the "V8_DSK_FADE|AUTO" line in the macro is what I need to change, but I could not find a command that works.

Can someone help me?

Without actually looking for the details just at the moment, my recollection is that what you want is the _value shortcut. This, and similar T-Bar shortcuts, is detailed in LivePanel's Shortcuts reference page.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

You can use the 'value' command to force a DSK on or off. It's not an AUTO, but a CUT.

This example will change DSK 1 in M/E8 either on of off.
    Shortcut: 'v8_dsk1_value'
    Value: '0' or '1' (off or on)
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you for your help. I can't try right now, but will this run the effect? I can trigger the key on/off from the controller, but it does just that: turns the keyer on or off.

What I need is to run the effect from start without it running backwards on take out.

Edit: it doesn't seem to be possibile:

"The direction of Transitions applied as DSK (and M/E KEY) layer effects automatically alternates. If the
    first click displays the layer using an effect, the next click removes it using the reverse effect. This ‘Ping Pong’
    behavior is optional for BKGD (Background) layer transitions."

Probably I need to find a way to use layers, instead.
    Last edited by morningfrost; 05-16-2020 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Addesd info

The command above will turn the keyer on/off, it doesn't run throught the transition.

There is a command that will allows a directional transition via macro, but it requires that you have LiveStory Creator on the system for the command to be active. I do not know if Viz Vectar has this feature or not, it requires Premium Access on TriCaster/VMC systems for this command to work.

In this example, the DSK 3 on the Main switcher bus will have a transition to the ON position. If it is already on air it will stay on air.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Directional DSK.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	147853

Key0: dskprefix
    Value0: bus_dsk (bus = main, v1, v2, v3 ... v8)_(dsk = dsk1, dsk2, dsk3, dsk4)

Key1: auto
    Value1: 'true' if you want to perform a transition, 'false' if you want to perform a cut.

Key2: on
    Value2: 'true' if you want the DSK to be active/on air, 'false' if you want the DSK to be inactive/off air.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you, I'll check this out.