Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Atmos Drone

  1. #1

    Atmos Drone

    Concept drone design for a project that I am working on.
    Modelled with Lightwave, as always.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone_JetCooper_06.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	925.0 KB 
ID:	147814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone_JetCooper_05 Web.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	147815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone_JetCooper_03Web.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	147816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone_JetCooper_02_WEB.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	639.8 KB 
ID:	147817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone_JetCooper_01_WEB.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	418.0 KB 
ID:	147818

  2. #2
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,788
    Great..and good to see someone taking the time to post some serious artwork here.

    Please chime in with me and many others that a thumbnail gallery is needed, like they have in blender forums, instant attraction..unless using facebook and posting it there ..which could be an alternative, though I stay away from it.

    And I placed your diving suite in my test forum ..if you do not mind? if you do..let me know and, I will remove it, the main image is just linked to these forum attachments.
    Would be great if we could have artwork showing directly on the forums, but I think it would be necessary to migrate to a dedicated lightwave only forum page for that if they should implement a new forum board gallery.

    https://michaeli65.wixsite.com/lightwave-forum

  3. #3





    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  4. #4
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,788
    yeah..erikals.

    But the EMP-X1 MARK2 propulsion experiment is the coolest drone,Iīll bet that is actually what was seen in the released UFO clips, I suspect some collaboration with Bob Lazar here

    And by the way...I sent you a private forum message erikals, about something else.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMP-X1_77.152.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	147830

  5. #5
    Great model and composition, did you used LW to render or ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  6. #6
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Great model and composition, did you used LW to render or ?
    Adressing who? and what?
    To avoid confusion, the image of teh EMP-X1 MARK2, is made by Jet Cooper, not me.

    And I suspect it is a Lightwave render.

  7. #7
    Ofcourse I'm addressing question to Jet3D, it's his topic after all ?

    Why i ask is 'coz he says "Modeled with Lightwave" so i just wanted to know was it rendered in LW or some other render engine/software.

    cheers
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Ofcourse I'm addressing question to Jet3D, it's his topic after all ?

    Why i ask is 'coz he says "Modeled with Lightwave" so i just wanted to know was it rendered in LW or some other render engine/software.

    cheers
    Hi guys,

    I render with Lightwave and sometimes with Keyshot.
    I can post both if you like.
    I have more control and power using LW.
    The posts are focusing on the model side of things rather than my rendering though. I am a designer and modeller by trade. (Although my title is creative director these days).

    My objective here is to show others that I am using Lightwave to create movie props and VFX.
    To let users and potential users know that Lightwave is very capable and is a good choice.....

    Hope it helps someone,

    Jet

  9. #9
    Great portfolio! It must be satisfying be a part of such great productions. Little dream every 3d artist. Hope NewTek will use your example in marketing
    I also using mostly Modeler, every day, witch is still fast and efficient for me. But who know how much longer. Sadly no love from developersfor this part of LW...
    It is true that many proffesional LW users not share their work, probably because lack of time or not need for applause (too many years in 3D, expperienced, older etc. ;] ).
    Userbase is also divided between FB, forums, Discord, Twitter #lightwave, Reddit, english and other languages/countries. If NewTek marketing would use their work for marketing, united creativeness better it would give only benefits. It need fresh approuch.
    Last edited by MarcusM; 05-15-2020 at 08:48 AM.

  10. #10
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,788
    - - - Updated - - -

    Itīs an enviable trade ..in my eyes anyway.
    To have your model constructions being able to materialize in the real world as well.

    I just got to get myself a printer soon..but economics and the current situation around the world sort of makes me afraid of investing, I need a way to overcome that fear and make use of it instead.
    But...such craftmanship I believe isnīt as nearly sought for over here, which may require re-location..if someone like me would like to take that journey.
    And stay safe Jet...considering the tough situation of corona over there.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,350
    its very commendable Jet3D.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusM View Post
    Great portfolio! It must be satisfying be a part of such great productions. Little dream every 3d artist. Hope NewTek will use your example in marketing
    I also using mostly Modeler, every day, witch is still fast and efficient for me. But who know how much longer. Sadly no love from developers for this part of LW...
    It is true that many professional LW users not share their work, probably because lack of time or not need for applause (too many years in 3D, experienced, older etc. ;] ).
    User-base is also divided between FB, forums, Discord, Twitter #lightwave, Reddit, english and other languages/countries. If NewTek marketing would use their work for marketing, united creativeness better it would give only benefits. It need fresh approach.
    Hello MarcusM 8 )

    I am an example that ANYONE who is self driven, can become whatever they focus on.
    I am old and was around long before computers were invented. I sold my car to buy an Amiga 1000 with a one MB RAM expansion brick.
    Whilst working different regular jobs from shoe shops and supermarkets - I taught myself 3D and studied those doing the same.
    There were no university fast tracks or youtube lessons.

    To be honest mate, even if Lightwave ceased, I'd still use it. Lightwave can't really die as once it's purchased, you own it. In LW's current form, it is capable of doing EVERYTHING that is asked of me.
    I can model in LW faster that any other program. (For me that is).
    I can achieve my tasks in a day or two, that take fellow 3D guys a week or more - that's one of the reasons that I get the jobs.

    If this was not the case, I would have jumped ages ago. Yes, the owners need to shine the spot lights and become much louder as they are silent at the moment.

    Regards, Jet
    Last edited by Jet3D; 05-16-2020 at 06:10 AM.

  13. #13
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Hello MarcusM 8 )


    I can achieve my tasks in a day or two, that take fellow 3D guys a week or more - that's one of the reasons that I get the jobs.

    If this was not the case, I would have jumped ages ago. Yes, the owners need to shine the spot lights and become much louder as they are silent at the moment.

    Regards, Jet
    Itīs probably about your skills and mentality than the software, I am convinced others with the same skills or mentality could whip out models just as fast...even with free tools.
    A question could be asked, would most users be just as effecient as You to complete models like that within 2 days...with lightwave only, when so many actually says they are way more effective in other software?

    The thing is..You do not feel the need to try something else out, it works for you and you have been using it so long..so why would you even embark on learning something new.

    And..modeler has been pretty much the same..so what lightwave version do you use now? is there still 2015 and the use of 32 bit plugins that is needed?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Hello MarcusM 8 )

    I am an example that ANYONE who is self driven, can become whatever they focus on.
    I am old and was around long before computers were invented. I sold my car to buy an Amiga 1000 with a one MB RAM expansion brick.
    Whilst working different regular jobs from shoe shops and supermarkets - I taught myself 3D and studied those doing the same.
    There were no university fast tracks or youtube lessons.

    To be honest mate, even if Lightwave ceased, I'd still use it. Lightwave can't really die as once it's purchased, you own it. In LW's current form, it is capable of doing EVERYTHING that is asked of me.
    I can model in LW faster that any other program. (For me that is).
    I can achieve my tasks in a day or two, that take fellow 3D guys a week or more - that's one of the reasons that I get the jobs.

    If this was not the case, I would have jumped ages ago. Yes, the owners need to shine the spot lights and become much louder as they are silent at the moment.

    Regards, Jet
    I understand, you have done very hard work during your career. Many of us Now is different world, almost every problem you can solve by online search, online manulas, forums, youtube, tutorials, torrents etc. Start in 3d is so much easier. But still technolgy run fast and it is hard to be up to date in every aspect.

    I am 33 yo and started my journey with 3d with LW 5.6. I remember as a kid I printed mamy pages from manual and during holidays, taking sunbatch I tried to understand something in english So many hours spent in front of 800x600 crt screen, with red eyes, waiting for render. I am also self taught. Now I have full time job as a 3d artist, from many years and I not complain. I do my job with LW and my emplyer is happy.

    Ps. I was always curious how many 3d assets are used betweend Star Wars movies. Or your Thor hammer. It was used in few movies? What is policy in this?
    Last edited by MarcusM; 05-16-2020 at 04:14 PM.

  15. #15

    LightWave Modeler is still very efficient.

    - no Gizmo clutter
    - no Ui clutter
    - few plugins needed. I covered a gazillion, but few are actually needed.
    You will see i use just a few free ones - JetoFillet / RTsmooth / ef ToggleLines / PX bezier
    and PLG.

    and those plugins never break. ("never" is pushing it, but ya' all get it)





    that's my opinion, for a few minutes at least,
    until guy "X" writes down how it "actually" is. 
    Last edited by erikals; 05-16-2020 at 10:31 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •