Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I used LW on Blockbusters - Why not tell other users?

Wow... Awesome work! I think I saw your Aston Martin work back when Skyfall came out! Astounding work!

Would love to know why you choose LightWave 3d, just wondering what you enjoy about using it for prop building and things.

Totally agree though, people outside of here should know the cool work you're doing. Well, people inside of the community should know too
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I really appreciate you sharing your work here!

There are so many extremely talented LW users working in the industry... but they rarely share their work, either due to NDA or other prohibitions on releasing their work, or they are simply too busy creating and working to come here to share the amazing work they have done.

LW3DG desperately needs to get a publicist, and it should be a paid position.

They need someone to connect to professionals using the product, maintain that constant communication with the industry, and bridge out to general users, hobbyists, and educational institutions.

An entry level publicist only makes about 27-45k a year. I'm sure they could find a kid out of college who would love the opportunity to actually work in his/her field right out of school and build a campaign from... well, essentially where we are now, which is little to nothing outside of a few small spheres of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    I really appreciate you sharing your work here!

There are so many extremely talented LW users working in the industry... but they rarely share their work, either due to NDA or other prohibitions on releasing their work, or they are simply too busy creating and working to come here to share the amazing work they have done.

LW3DG desperately needs to get a publicist, and it should be a paid position.

They need someone to connect to professionals using the product, maintain that constant communication with the industry, and bridge out to general users, hobbyists, and educational institutions.

An entry level publicist only makes about 27-45k a year. I'm sure they could find a kid out of college who would love the opportunity to actually work in his/her field right out of school and build a campaign from... well, essentially where we are now, which is little to nothing outside of a few small spheres of influence.
    Once again, I want the job of heading up the LWG. Where others have failed, I will succeed with the community's help and backing. I need 8 months to turn it around if not less with the right people doing the right things.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

OH MAKE LW GREAT AGAIN DJ !!!! full support from my side!

This would be a good point for Newtek to RESPOND!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Once again, I want the job of heading up the LWG. Where others have failed, I will succeed with the community's help and backing. I need 8 months to turn it around if not less with the right people doing the right things.
    I concur.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

I couldn't agree more (and great work). I will at times do VFX or animation for TV but I do more one off projects and love Lightwave as a generalist. I always work as an independent/freelance artist/designer and really like how LW can tackle so many different projects (or aspects of a single project). I certainly like having a few other tools for more specialized work, but always routing through LW and using it as my main tool. I like how it has become more streamlined and trying to properly integrate features instead of patched on plugins. For me, its strength is in its general application and being quick, stable, integrating well with other apps (ie I love going between Zbrush and LW) , and having a very solid renderer.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice one! Have done also UV's and texturing? In what software? What you think about Unreal 5 and future VFX workflow? Will be there space for LW?

25 years of production only with Lightwave 3D

Hello

Here is the portfolio of my 25 years of production only with Lightwave 3D.

Sorry the english version of the site is not ready.

Your comments are welcome.

www.martinpatoine.com
    RYZEN 3950X // RTX 2080Ti // 64 gig DDR 4 // 32 threads // Windows 10

There's a bit of a difference between artwork we all submit here ( https://www.lightwave3d.com/community/gallery/ ) and what NT can use for advertising.

NT may pick artwork from these submissions but it is not likely that you're going to see some major studio's recognizable trademark/IP being used to sell LightWave.

Under the DMCA, the owner of the web site (NT) is not legally responsible for the content published by users in this gallery. So if the owner of the trademark/IP comes to NT with a takedown notice, NT's only responsibility is to remove the artwork from the gallery. There would be much more trouble for NT if they were to use the image of the laser sword in their marketing.

A text listing of productions that used LW could help but that's mostly meaningless without details. "WinZip" could advertise that they were used on the last Star Wars movie. It's probably best for those of us with the goods to show to arrange a profile like this: https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/art...ime-cover-art/

You can make contact here: https://www.lightwave3d.com/contact/
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Excellent work, Jet. Congratulations!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    There's a bit of a difference between artwork we all submit here ( https://www.lightwave3d.com/community/gallery/ ) and what NT can use for advertising.

NT may pick artwork from these submissions but it is not likely that you're going to see some major studio's recognizable trademark/IP being used to sell LightWave.

Under the DMCA, the owner of the web site (NT) is not legally responsible for the content published by users in this gallery. So if the owner of the trademark/IP comes to NT with a takedown notice, NT's only responsibility is to remove the artwork from the gallery. There would be much more trouble for NT if they were to use the image of the laser sword in their marketing.

A text listing of productions that used LW could help but that's mostly meaningless without details. "WinZip" could advertise that they were used on the last Star Wars movie. It's probably best for those of us with the goods to show to arrange a profile like this: https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/art...ime-cover-art/

You can make contact here: https://www.lightwave3d.com/contact/
    Since an artist's portfolio can contain work with obvious trademarks, without risking take-down orders, could NewTek advertise Lightwave, using an artist's non-commercial images, with a link to the portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by crpcory View Post
    I couldn't agree more (and great work). I will at times do VFX or animation for TV but I do more one off projects and love Lightwave as a generalist. I always work as an independent/freelance artist/designer and really like how LW can tackle so many different projects (or aspects of a single project). I certainly like having a few other tools for more specialized work, but always routing through LW and using it as my main tool. I like how it has become more streamlined and trying to properly integrate features instead of patched on plugins. For me, its strength is in its general application and being quick, stable, integrating well with other apps (ie I love going between Zbrush and LW) , and having a very solid renderer.
    Nice work there too Cory! Great showreel. Thanks for sharing.
    I do hope Newtek get onto this and start selling their tool along with the awesome work you guys are doing.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

cinematic weirdo

pure cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    What is sad is that I use this program to design and make hero props for films such as Star Wars, Marvel, Jurassic, Disney, Bond etc
    and it's like Newtek are not showing off what it can do and that Lightwave is still alive....

Kylo Ren's saber, Thor's hammer in Dark World... over 55 movies that I have worked on, I have used Lightwave Modeller.

I don't understand but, will start posting some stuff here in the gallery.

Lightwave is NOT dead. Lightwave is capable and used in every film that I work on. People outside of our community should know.

Regards, Jet
    Hi Jet !

Thanks for the reminder !
    Great artistic work !!!

Seeing such a talent and fantastic cinematic results should inspire regular users to master the given tools.

You are right.
    If you have a vision you can create anything.

Congratulations on your impressive portfolio !

Thanks for sharing !

Regards
    Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post

Fortunately you are incorrect. Please don't confuse trademarks with copyright. NewTek Marketing can very much use images if the artist is credited of just about anything they want to share with newtek that the artist created themselves and rendered independently of the studio, production company, etc etc. All it takes is going through the motions and its been done before many many times.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast