Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Dive suit - Deep Sea

  1. #16
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dive Suit Practice WF.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	147847

    For what its worth - here is the heavy wire frame.
    Please remember that I no longer waste time on trying to keep meshes light.

    Hope this help and satisfies.

    Regards, Jet

  2. #17
    As for a two day build (according to your website) this is really awesome....
    and I really don't see a problem with your mesh density.
    great job

    just out of interest, do you also use cad for designing practical models, or is
    lw enough for cnc operations ?

    Edit:
    And do you start with a basic sketch, or do you block out in lw first ?

    I know these are detailed questions, but since my day job is industrial mechanical based and I'm a sucker for workflows
    these stuff interest me.
    Last edited by tischbein3; 05-16-2020 at 10:54 AM.

  3. #18
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dive Suit Practice WF.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	147847

    For what its worth - here is the heavy wire frame.
    Please remember that I no longer waste time on trying to keep meshes light.

    Hope this help and satisfies.

    Regards, Jet
    Thatīs not so bad..as in too much.

    And to keep in mind, it is for props..right, not for animated character animation, so just a waste of time trying to keep it low I guess, and for still rendering it will work just as fine I suppose.
    A thought though, ..so there you made the props models, but has that been extended and hand over to someone else, where the models actually were used in the shots as digital models?
    And if so? ..was there a need for those taking care of it to clean up and reduce polycount?

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    As for a two day build (according to your website) this is really awesome....
    and I really don't see a problem with your mesh density.
    great job

    just out of interest, do you also use cad for designing practical models, or is
    lw enough for cnc operations ?

    Edit:
    And do you start with a basic sketch, or do you block out in lw first ?

    I know these are detailed questions, but since my day job is industrial mechanical based and I'm a sucker for workflows
    these stuff interest me.
    Hello mate,

    Sometimes, if I am lucky, I get a sketch.
    Now that my roll is to concept, I flesh it out in Lightwave as it is fast!
    I could spend hours drawing but, I prefer to block out in Lightwave whist saving lots of versions. It is easy to back up and make tweaks to a design in Lightwave to please a director or art director.

    I don't use CAD software although, there is always a CAD department working on set rigs and structures - they do the skeleton and we do the pretty stuff lol.......
    Lightwave produces the OBJ that then go to Magics for sealing as watertight STL's. (We also use Netfabb depending on production and what is available).

    Hope this help 8 )
    Ask me anything if it helps mate!

  5. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,484
    whats your preferred method for pipes and wires? rope editor?

    do you use any specific plugins?

    is scale and measurements of importance is it just pure look?

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Hope this help 8 )
    Ask me anything if it helps mate!
    Yes this helps a lot. Brings thinsg in perspective / makes it traceable (not sure if this is the right word)
    Seems you got the fun part
    Thank you for your insights, and keep up your god work

    chris

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    whats your preferred method for pipes and wires? rope editor?

    do you use any specific plugins?

    is scale and measurements of importance is it just pure look?
    Hi Gar,

    Scale is vital as most of my models are for real world production.
    Pipes are mostly manual however, I do use Rope editor 64 and Thicken plugins.

  8. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,484
    hi Jet,

    regarding scale and speed: so you model to real world scale and adhere to correct measurements or do you bevel, inset etc to floating point amounts? the reason i ask is that the only other lw modelers i know of who we’re super fast did not adhere to correct measurements.

    if you do a lot of pipes, consider the free hair blade and the not so free lwcad. id also look at the free pictrix bezier.

    wasn’t thicken part or lw now or is there another plugin version?
    cheers
    Last edited by gar26lw; 05-17-2020 at 12:23 PM.

  9. #24
    Registered User LouO311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dive Suit Practice WF.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	147847

    For what its worth - here is the heavy wire frame.
    Please remember that I no longer waste time on trying to keep meshes light.

    Hope this help and satisfies.

    Regards, Jet
    Yes it does. Thanks. Very clean modelling.

  10. #25
    Very cool Dive-Suit.
    I like all this little details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •