Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive suit - Deep Sea

Dive suit - Deep Sea

I built this over a weekend with Lightwave modeller to show that this program is capable.

This was inspired by a movie that I saw and I liked the design.
    What is sad is that I use this program to design and make hero props for films such as Star Wars, Marvel, Jurassic, Disney, Bond etc
    and it's like Newtek are not showing off what it can do and that Lightwave is still alive....

Kylo Ren's saber, Thor's hammer in Dark World... over 55 movies that I have worked on, I have used Lightwave Modeller.

I don't understand but, will start posting some stuff here.

Regards, JetClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Underwater_Jet3D_Lightwave02.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	147802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underwater_Jet3D_Lightwave01.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	147803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underwater_Jet3D_03.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	147804

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet3D View Post
    I built this over a weekend with Lightwave modeller to show that this program is capable.

What is sad is that I use this program to design and make hero props for films such as Star Wars, Marvel, Jurassic, Disney, Bond etc
    and it's like Newtek are not showing off what it can do and that Lightwave is still alive....

Kylo Ren's saber, Thor's hammer in Dark World... over 55 movies that I have worked on, I have used Lightwave Modeller.

You've done a fantastic job on that.

I agree with you completely. LW's publicity is AWOL.

But have you informed Newtek or others in the community in a clear way, so that they really know about all this?
    And by the way...Love the suit

Thanks Pauland.

Let's change that. I tell a lot of companies in the film industry that I use Lightwave and they just scratch their head. A few say that they know of it but, not as many as it deserves.

Hello Prometheus,

Yes I have reached out. At the time of Star Wars and before movie releases, it is very hard to divulge anything.
    Productions break up with each movie completion and then who do you contact.

I plan on asking the new company that I work for, to make an effort to change this as best I can.
    Lightwave deserves the recognition!

Regards, Jet

Hello Prometheus,

Yes I have reached out. At the time of Star Wars and before movie releases, it is very hard to divulge anything.
    Productions break up with each movie completion and then who do you contact.

I plan on asking the new company that I work for, to make an effort to change this as best I can.
    Lightwave deserves the recognition!

Regards, Jet
    And trying not to be oddly self serving
    But what did you work on for Prometheus?

Perhaps your end of the craftmenship isnīt recognized enough, looking through your imdb profile where you are not credited in the full cast and crew for more than just one movie in 2011 it seems..a bit of a shame too.

Awesome work! All of us who enjoy using LW have trouble understanding why the owners will not market the product, or invest in it. It may be that the amount of investment required to make LW what it should be, has always been a little more than Tim Jenison was willing to spend. Even though it could have meant a huge chunk of market share increase for LW. Now we wonder if Vizrt cares about LW. If not, I hope they open source it, or sell it to someone who will develop it and market it fully. For now let's hope Vizrt does plan to push LW forward in a big way soon, and that top level work like this will be more of a common sight related to LW.

Jet3D, the diving helmet is awesome! To all the Modeller naysayers, I say, "Fie upon thee! Look upon these works, and be humbled!!"

That's gorgeous.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Awesome work! All of us who enjoy using LW have trouble understanding why the owners will not market the product, or invest in it. It may be that the amount of investment required to make LW what it should be, has always been a little more than Tim Jenison was willing to spend. Even though it could have meant a huge chunk of market share increase for LW. Now we wonder if Vizrt cares about LW. If not, I hope they open source it, or sell it to someone who will develop it and market it fully. For now let's hope Vizrt does plan to push LW forward in a big way soon, and that top level work like this will be more of a common sight related to LW.
    If there are no plans for Newtek/VizRT to market Lightwave properly then at this point the best thing that could happen to Lightwave is that it get's sold to a company that will market it and invest in it.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

This is outstanding! If you get the chance can you post wires of this?

I recall loving the design!  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    And trying not to be oddly self serving
    But what did you work on for Prometheus?

Perhaps your end of the craftmenship isnīt recognized enough, looking through your imdb profile where you are not credited in the full cast and crew for more than just one movie in 2011 it seems..a bit of a shame too.
    LOL yeah - I don't seek credits. They are usually reserved for production members and I am usually brought in as a production plug in on bolt on company. When this happens, the bolt on has to PAY to get in the credits - I just save the money. It does not help me and I don't rely on credits to get work. (Clicky industry).

Quote Originally Posted by LouO311 View Post
    This is outstanding! If you get the chance can you post wires of this?
    Hi there.

I can post wires but my models get heavy really fast! The reason is that I model for Visuals and specifically for 3D printing / CNC and Vacform tooling.
    For this reason, it is an advantage to have heavy meshes so that the parts / props and suits produced, show no faceting.
    For example - the part of the suit show above, was modelled as if it was going to be printed and bench built as if on a production.
    Because of my roll and the power of today's systems, I don't focus on economy of the meshes. I am asked for detail and speed.

I hope this helps? Check out the new Unreal 5 - we may not have to worry about poly count any more lol.

Regards, Jet

Hi there.

I can post wires but my models get heavy really fast! The reason is that I model for Visuals and specifically for 3D printing / CNC and Vacform tooling.
    For this reason, it is an advantage to have heavy meshes so that the parts / props and suits produced, show no faceting.
    For example - the part of the suit show above, was modelled as if it was going to be printed and bench built as if on a production.
    Because of my roll and the power of today's systems, I don't focus on economy of the meshes. I am asked for detail and speed.

I hope this helps? Check out the new Unreal 5 - we may not have to worry about poly count any more lol.

Regards, Jet
    I hear ya but I usually look at wireframes to get an idea of how it was built. Checked out your website. Great work. Keep posting. I really love this program and it's good to see great work done in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast