Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Unreal 5 !

  1. #1
    Registered User tyrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in lights
    Posts
    2,241

  2. #2
    Registered User Skywatcher_NT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    177
    My brain just vaporized ......

  3. #3
    Super Member Qexit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,205
    Hopefully, someone at Newtek is working with Unreal to ensure that a LW2020 to Unreal Engine 5 bridge is available as soon as Unreal 5 is officially launched.
    Kevin F Stubbs

    Remember...one size does NOT fit all

  4. #4
    Pleased to meet you. Oedo 808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,571
    Holy @#$!
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

  5. #5
    Super Member Qexit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,205
    There's quite a bit more information about Unreal Engine 5 over on the Unreal site including a brief timeline showing the full release is aimed at late 2021:

    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...nreal-engine-5
    Kevin F Stubbs

    Remember...one size does NOT fit all

  6. #6
    Plays with fire sadkkf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    1,236
    Looks like it's time to buy a 4K TV...
    So much water, so few sharks.

    "...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

  7. #7

    Incredible...

    Simply Incredible...

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    There's quite a bit more information about Unreal Engine 5 over on the Unreal site including a brief timeline showing the full release is aimed at late 2021:

    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...nreal-engine-5
    Something for LW2021 then...

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    Looks like it's time to buy a 4K TV...
    Nah, 4K is so 2013, 8K is what you need in 2020 to max out the PS5 and XSX. (Like PS4 that displays 4K, but runs games at 2-3K.)

  10. #10
    Plays with fire sadkkf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    Nah, 4K is so 2013, 8K is what you need in 2020 to max out the PS5 and XSX. (Like PS4 that displays 4K, but runs games at 2-3K.)
    If only. It's taken me this long to catch up, I think 8K will be another 20 years.
    So much water, so few sharks.

    "...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

  11. #11
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    If only. It's taken me this long to catch up, I think 8K will be another 20 years.
    We bought a 4K 55" TV in January - an update from a 43" HD TV.

    I watched some 4K content - 2001 - and thought WOW!

    I'm impressed by how well it upscales content.

    My wife is delighted because she has cataracts (awaiting an operation) and now everything is that much bigger.

    For a few days after buying it I wondered if it was a bit big.

    Now I wished we'd bought it sooner!

  12. #12

    My wife is delighted because she has cataracts (awaiting an operation) and now everything is that much bigger.
    derailing a bit, but yeah, surprised how many that get that.

    we also have stuff in my family (both my dad / mom has AMD eye disease)

    crossing fingers for cures soon.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    951
    That looked very impressive, but for someone who doesn't know Unreal or do gameplay, could anyone comment on the LW/Unreal workflow to make a short animated film. Does all LW animation carry over to Unreal well or is there a gotcha where one has to animate in Unreal ? Character model in LW but hair in Unreal ? Presumably LW texturing has no value in Unreal, as one has to use all Unreal's own materials ? Thanks for any input.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,353
    I have used master materials in unreal, then on import all materials derive from those, as instances. You have to stetup your project to get that to work that way.

    I found that (like with unity) fbx rig imports and skinned meshes were unpredictable. Sequence anims would not reflect modifiers and things like that but I am no expert int that area. From the last time I used it, needs more work to get to be an ultra reliable and hassle free pipeline, with instances.

    Two different things though, Sequence anims via unreal bridge/fbx import export with rigs and animations

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    That looked very impressive, but for someone who doesn't know Unreal or do gameplay, could anyone comment on the LW/Unreal workflow to make a short animated film. Does all LW animation carry over to Unreal well or is there a gotcha where one has to animate in Unreal ? Character model in LW but hair in Unreal ? Presumably LW texturing has no value in Unreal, as one has to use all Unreal's own materials ? Thanks for any input.
    Hi, read >
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...30#post1591130
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •