Thread: Rhiggit help!

Rhiggit help!

Anyone know of any good tutorials for Rhiggit? I went looking on youtube and couldn't find anything that takes you through the entire process slowly of how to use the current toolset.

Thanks in advance!

What specifically interests you, what stage of the rigging process with Rhiggit?

There's currently an issue with Rhiggit with 2020 so use a prior version of LW for now. But frankly, the tutorials that come with the product are as comprehensive as it gets. It's HOURS of material.

It make take a couple viewings so take notes, frame captures, etc. Craig seems to be on walk-about again at present, but there are a several of folk here that can get you through specific questions.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    There's currently an issue with Rhiggit with 2020 so use a prior version of LW for now. But frankly, the tutorials that come with the product are as comprehensive as it gets. It's HOURS of material.

It make take a couple viewings so take notes, frame captures, etc. Craig seems to be on walk-about again at present, but there are a several of folk here that can get you through specific questions.
    Oh It's not working with 2020?

Thanks for the tip. I guess I will use Genoma for now anyway since it's just for posing some characters for printing them. Might not be worth the headache of using 2018. Figured it was just a good excuse to learn it

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Do you happen to know what might be causing Genoma Errors when creating a rig. I am getting a series of errors when i push create rig (like 20 errors).

All i did was move my character from modeler to Layout and pushed create rig.

no is the short answer,

sorry, no Genoma expert at all...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

With its architect now now longer associated with lightwave after what seemed like a pretty unpleasant parting of ways genoma is going to go the way of ik booster. A unique and interesting built-in system that a few people understand and swear by but most people can’t wrap their heads around. One more addition to the lightwave arcana.

For just posing characters you don’t really need anything but bones. Good old skelegons never fail.

Genoma is probably experiencing the same problem RHiggit is.

In lScript, a function was added calle itemshapedata(), which returns a template for encoding data to be sent to the itemshape plugin (which gives nulls their shapes). If (faulty) memory serves, Genoma 1 uses compiled lScript. Genoma 2 uses Python(?), but may have the same problem.

That template has changed between 2019.1 and 2020. You have to be able to switch what format your using between 11.6.2 -2019.1.5 and 2020 and up. It's not a difficult change to make, but it's non-trivial.

I'm hoping RH is OK, and will get RHiggit updated - I have let him know what the problem is.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.