Thread: YouTube broken?

YouTube broken?

All,

Running AE3 200228. Can't update until later in the week BUT have a webcast tomorrow.

Anyone having issues authenticating into YouTube for prescheduled event streams?

I figure that YouTube has changed their API keeping me from logging in.

PLEASE let me know so if there's a work-around I can get in. Manually configured streams perhaps?

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

EDIT: Confirmed, the automatic login is broken. Manually configured legacy streaming works fine.
    Last edited by fgolman; 05-11-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest I used the youtube plugin when I first got my TC1 and its nice to just pick a stream and go but after several API updates and the time it took for the update on the TC side I just opted to use the RTMP links and ask folks to send those over to me before the event.

I tried to use the YouTube thing as well and it didn't seem to work that well. RTMP(S) works great every time though

Can confirm that our TC1 has been unable to log into YouTube this week.

We have a couple of Teradek VidiU Go encoders which are authenticated to our YouTube channel, and they never have this issue when Google updates things. I would hope that eventually the developers figure out why their implementation is so much more unstable...
    Grant Bachman
    IT & Video Engineer
    Capital Community Television
    Sent from 💻

TC1, NC1I/O, 3P1

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    I tried to use the YouTube thing as well and it didn't seem to work that well. RTMP(S) works great every time though
    Having difficult time with the RTMPS via Tricaster MINI SE. What's your secret sauce?

Adobe FLME (which is used by the TriCaster Standard Edition sytem) doesn't know what 'RTMPS' is, is supports 'RTMP'.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Adobe FLME (which is used by the TriCaster Standard Edition sytem) doesn't know what 'RTMPS' is, is supports 'RTMP'.
    it does not recognize RTMP streaming? Then what are my options?