Thread: Symmetry with 3rd Powers Paint Weights

Symmetry with 3rd Powers Paint Weights

Hey everybody,

I absolutely love the 3rd Power's plugins, especially Paint Weights. It's made several problems on several project very easy to manage, but I've hit a snag. I've got one model I need to do a weight map that has perfect symmetry from one side to the other. I found a Symmetry tool in the Paint Weights edit menu, but can't seem to get it to work. No matter what settings I put in, I can't seem to get it to paint the pattern from one side to the other.

Can anybody talk me through the procedure? I've attached a very simple example for the model I'm really trying to do this with is big and complicated, but if I can get it to work on a simple square plain, I think I'll be able to handle the rest.

Thanks in advance,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weight Map Symmetry.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	147716

Weight Map Symmetry.zip

I would assume you put in the pattern to look for, to mirror. So mirroring right weight maps to left, pattern is right as source, left as destination. (zip a backup of everything first, as good workflow)
    all maps should be named
    arm_right
    arm_left etc

or
    arm_r
    arm_l etc

or try https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/...l/mirror-vmaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emaM1ZqyTVQ

Okay, I got it. I was doing it on the wrong access, and I had the wrong version of the plugin, so it was missing a key option.

Thanks!