Thread: New RTMP Features not working - Absolutely TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT-Shame on Newtek

Angry New RTMP Features not working - Absolutely TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT-Shame on Newtek

We updated the latest software to try and get the RTMP function working. We have successfully made this work with 3rd party software so we were eager and excited to have it as a built in function. The problem is that it doesn't work. And we followed all the instructions without success.

We tried reaching out to Tricaster support but were basically told, via chat, since we are not paying the ADDITIONAL $1000/yr for support, that we need to contact our seller (like B&H would be able to help). So you're leaving us out in the cold. All because Tricaster can't publish updates that work. I'm sorry, was the original $30k for the TC1/NC1 not good enough? Seriously. I'm tired of the path Newtek is going down - it's extremely greedy and you don't care about the customer, only the $$$.

You use to have phone support. With Vmix doing all the same feature and FREE phone support with your production i'm about to jump ship and extremely happy I didn't purchase the additional TC1 that we were planning to buy.
    Sports, Corporate & Beyond
    Video Production San Francisco

Just curious what issues did you run into? I was able to test streaming out via the Tricaster to my Wowza server over RTMP, and connect to the same stream I had setup before joining the session in the IP Manager utility. I was able to connect to the source and stream it back with a few seconds of latency which is on par for RTMP. I also tried the HLS feed from wowza and I was able to bring in a video from that, including a VOD object. I have only done some basic tests though, not run this for hours in testing yet.

What were you seeing? Any errors in your log etc?

I looked throught the support cases, I'm not sure which one yours is, I'm guessing. Are you talking about injest wtih RTMP?

If so, you need to use a server in between, direct RTMP between systems is not how that works. If direct is what you want, use SRT, that allows for point to point connections.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I've written up a doc that should help with this.
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AvQUqb_Jvb0UhTd1jndDIXBgyOaI
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.