Thread: Is it possible to use NDI HX to connect an iPhone to a PC by cable?

Is it possible to use NDI HX to connect an iPhone to a PC by cable?

Hello,

I'm a newbie to NDI HX. I downloaded it to try to use an old iPhone 6 as a webcam with my Win 10 PC (older Dell with Intel i5).

After much trial and error I was successful in using the phone as a webcam with Google Meet. The issue is there is significant lag between the audio and the video; the latter is way behind.

I am sure the issue is related to my network setup: the iPhone is using WiFi to connect to my home LAN, while my PC is connected via Ethernet. The PC does not have WiFi capability.

When I turn off WiFi on the phone, and connect it to the PC via a Lightning to USB cable it no longer works. The PC still sees the drivers, and the NDI app on the phone still runs, but they do not communicate.

Is there a way to connect the iPhone directly to the PC and still have NDI HX function? I am hoping that if I can do this, I will lose the lag.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have the same problem too. I want to use NDI HX Camera on my iPhone with my Mac plugged in through USB. I emailed support a while ago and they said if I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and plug in through USB it should work. They stopped replying to my emails after they said that so I'm wondering how I can do this.

Best option is to get a lightning to ethernet adaptor for your iPhone and run it on wired networking.

That will make a huge difference.

Much simpler than trying to wrangle network over USB

Download the app obs.camera, it works over NDI or USB. Bring that into OBS then use Virtual Webcam plugin to push it to whatever app you like.

edit: it looks like they have something even more specific to what you want to do that eliminates the need for OBS. https://telecast.camera/
    Last edited by marshall409; 08-11-2020 at 09:52 AM.