Thread: Final Render animation

Final Render animation

Hi all:
    I wonder about the Final Render animation ,, in the LW 11 I find format like AVI or MP4 ,,
    but in LW 2019 ,, I don't know how can I save my animation ,, at least to which my final work ,,
    any idea to help thanks

you have to save the animation in a sequence of images. this will save you from wasting time if in the process of rendering lw crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by nnabdu View Post
    Hi all:
    I wonder about the Final Render animation ,, in the LW 11 I find format like AVI or MP4 ,,
    but in LW 2019 ,, I don't know how can I save my animation ,, at least to which my final work ,,
    any idea to help thanks
    Always best to save out images.

You can compile an .avi easily with a program such as VDub, which you can then load into After Effects/Vegas etc to save out as whatever movie format you need.

Ok thanks all ,,
    Got it ,,

While it is always best to render out images, if you need to render straight to animation...

On the Render Properties Panel > Output tab, remove the check from next to Final Render (Under Standard) and place a check next to Animation. Then at the bottom you can choose AVI, MOV, etc. and then below that you can click Encoding Options to more specifically narrow down the encoding (ie: MOV > H.264 or Animation codec).
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | i7 3.4GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M
    Desktop: iMac | i7 3.5GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GTX 780M

Quote Originally Posted by SpacialKatana View Post
    Always best to save out images.

You can compile an .avi easily with a program such as VDub, which you can then load into After Effects/Vegas etc to save out as whatever movie format you need.
    You can also use LW itself to compile animframes into an .AVI.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

The best you can do for free solutions.

Download free Davinci Resolve and fusion, you would have decent tools for editing and color grading and doing som effects, light rays, masking, text effects etc..while Resolve is mostly aimed for the editing, fusion for the vfx type.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fusion.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	147681

Quote Originally Posted by Vong View Post
    While it is always best to render out images, if you need to render straight to animation...

On the Render Properties Panel > Output tab, remove the check from next to Final Render (Under Standard) and place a check next to Animation. Then at the bottom you can choose AVI, MOV, etc. and then below that you can click Encoding Options to more specifically narrow down the encoding (ie: MOV > H.264 or Animation codec).
    And that is the simplest way..with the risc for lightwave crashing etc..but for small fast test, itīs handy...however..for tests, use the codecs to compress it..but if you want to edit the clip in another software..and still do not want to compile it..as I and others recomend, set avi to uncompressed frames, will take up much harddrive memory though.

Thanks all ,,, Great