Thread: Macros for adding IP sources?

Macros for adding IP sources?

Hi, with the ability to add in SRT & RTMP via the IP stream manager outside of a project I was wondering if any of the macros would allow you to add an input on the fly. In the past I have been asked if I could bring something in last minute (live news etc) and it would be cool if I could add it without having to leave the project or do what I did previously which was load the stream in VLC on a 2nd computer and pull over NDI.

There is the add_ip_camera(void) [camera_name (string), address (string)].

When I try that I just get null exceptions in the message box though.

You can select IP Sources via macro, but to create them you have to use the IP Source Manager tool.

I tried the 'add_ip_camera' command as well but couldn't get it to work. I think this is a leftover from the days when systems had two 'NET' inputs.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

So this would need to be a feature request to be able to run that manger from a live session or allow a macro to add in connection information to add sources on the fly?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    So this would need to be a feature request to be able to run that manger from a live session or allow a macro to add in connection information to add sources on the fly?
    Agree completely. Having to exit the live session to add a SRT input is not a good workflow.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Latest tc-1 release:

Added an option in Input settings to modify/add IP sources

Wooooooo thank you :-)

If I remember correctly, you have to relaunch TC for new entries or modifications to take effect.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    If I remember correctly, you have to relaunch TC for new entries or modifications to take effect.
    ... wellllll that isnt as useful as I was hoping in times where I had to change an end point or bring in a new SRT feed etc. I have not been able to test yet but I will certainly see how it handles.

I see it a step closer. You don't have to exit all the way back to the home screen and back. I too would like to see the IP source configuration take affect without a restart.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I see it a step closer. You don't have to exit all the way back to the home screen and back. I too would like to see the IP source configuration take affect without a restart.
    Yeah, that is what I meant, not as useful but still useful in that you can configure everything, (hope you didn't mess anything up), and then exit and restart the session a bit faster vs exiting, configuring , re-entering. Also confirmed that new entries and edits do indeed require a restart of the session to take effect.