Thread: Multiple windows in macOS Video Mointor

Multiple windows in macOS Video Mointor

I know this is the Tricaster forum, but it's the only Feature Request area and I see other NDI Tools request threads.

With the recent release of Virtual Input on macOS, the only big missing feature for our community media center is the ability to open multiple windows of Video Monitor so that we can record multiple feeds at once. I would love to be doing this with Skype's NDI outputs to have an easy way to create ISO recordings of an interview. Just bringing a little feature parity between the two worlds.

Thanks!
    Grant Bachman
    IT & Video Engineer
    Capital Community Television
    Sent from 💻

TC1, NC1I/O, 3P1

A current workaround is to launch NDI Video Monitor from terminal, that will let you run multiple copies using the 'open -n' command.

Below is a screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Multiple NDI VIdeo Monitors.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	424.0 KB 
ID:	147757
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

So I've actually tried that a couple of different ways, and so far any Video Monitor apps that have been opened with that terminal command immediately crash upon loading an NDI video source. At least on macOS 10.14.6 with Video Monitor 3.0 (20), haven't tried on 10.15 yet. Any chance you're running that on Catalina Kane?
    Grant Bachman
    IT & Video Engineer
    Capital Community Television
    Sent from 💻

TC1, NC1I/O, 3P1

No, I'm on High Serria (10.13). My Mac will not go any higher than 10.13 (which so far, I'm happy to be stuck on, it seems to the least problematic version of OSX).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.