Thread: record_replay Macro question

record_replay Macro question

Hi,
    I would like to use the macro "record_replay" to replay the main mix recording, but in the "row_name" I dont know what to put. (My workaround is to use the angle 0 to replay main mix)
    Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction, thanks!
    //Martin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anteckning 2020-05-04 090652.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	147633
    Martin Brundin
    Kanal 75 AB | Hangövägen 20 |115 41 STOCKHOLM | SWEDEN
    +46 730 77 75 66 | [email protected] | www.kanal75.se

Hi,

Which software version do you use ?

Hi!
    7-3-200428
    Martin Brundin

Ok, from my experience, for MIX records you don't use any row _name key/value pair, you just use a Value between 0 and 3 , 0 being MIX1 .

If you want to get the clip but without any replay feature, in that case you'd use "record_chop_noreplay" as shortcut, and value 0>3 .

Best,

jerome

So from what I could find when this new recording first came out the idea is that Mix recordings go first, so you have what ever mixes you turn on as 0-3 and then input1 onward. If you have no mixes input 1 is 0 input 2 is 1 etc. If you have 2 mixes recording input 1 will be index 2. What NewTek did give us is the _select_angle macro which will let you use proper names.

so if I do shortcut:'ddr2_select_angle' value:'mix 1' it will change the current angle to mix 1. Note that in this command you do have a space between the name and number ie: mix 1, input 1 etc.

I would suggest a 2nd command of:

shortcut:'ddr2_set_currentframe_as_thumbnail' value: empty

This will then update the frame from the angle you selected.

So the overall macro would be pull a replay from anything, and then assign it properly. I still don't see a way to explicitly pull a with 100% accuracy unless you always enable all 4 mix recordings to ensure the order doesn't change between projects.

Hi, very interesting. I did not know the index values would shift based on number of mixes busses you enable for recording... I made a feature request so we can pull them accurately no matter how many are being recorded.

On my side I need a macro to get all iso-recorded files exported to Prores. I'm quite close, but that moving values behaviour can create some problems.

I could also imagine another kind of macro which loads the same clip several times in DDR and select a different angle for each clip before export, but much more complex to build, and would still not work for all situations.

It looks like a bug. When you use NumPad 1 to 4 the record_chop_source works as expected, no matter the number of MIX busses you set to record. However, you just replace record_chop_source with record_chop_noreplay, and the same value can have a total different behavior.

Yeah,

I filed this issue,The need to request a replay chop and know for sure which angle you would get between various projects or times where the number of recorded mixes changes with area51 during the beta. The above macro command was added to allow specifying named inputs like I had asked. Another option I had thought might work was to move the mix recordings to item 16 17 18 19 That way the inputs would always reflect their own number of 0 through 15 and the mixes would go onwards from there if you had them all turned on etc.

Looking through the macro system there are several ways to trigger a replay.

Oddly enough I was building an export highlight macro where it would take everything I put into my melt reel and copy and paste and set the extra angles before exporting to a hard drive :-)

Hi ,

strangely my fogbugz case disappeared ( not the first time) . I will submit again.

You idea to put Mix to tiems after 16 is not bad, but then it does not work for VMC1 , on which you'd need to put them after 44 .... or put the Mix records to 101 and more, I guess we should be fine !

However, from what I could see record_chop_source workflow works perfectly well (value 3 is always MIX4 , no matter if MIX1/2/3 is enabled or not), record_chop_noreplay does not. So it looks like a bug to me , which could be easily fixed....

For what it's worth I have noticed from the tickets start to get assigned or processed I often can no longer see them in the portal. I have switched to just using email so I can track things :-)

Thanks for your help guys!
    //Martin
    Martin Brundin

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    So from what I could find when this new recording first came out the idea is that Mix recordings go first, so you have what ever mixes you turn on as 0-3 and then input1 onward. If you have no mixes input 1 is 0 input 2 is 1 etc. If you have 2 mixes recording input 1 will be index 2. What NewTek did give us is the _select_angle macro which will let you use proper names.

so if I do shortcut:'ddr2_select_angle' value:'mix 1' it will change the current angle to mix 1. Note that in this command you do have a space between the name and number ie: mix 1, input 1 etc.

I would suggest a 2nd command of:

shortcut:'ddr2_set_currentframe_as_thumbnail' value: empty

This will then update the frame from the angle you selected.

So the overall macro would be pull a replay from anything, and then assign it properly. I still don't see a way to explicitly pull a with 100% accuracy unless you always enable all 4 mix recordings to ensure the order doesn't change between projects.
    Hi stp,

I gave a try to your workflow, to put records of individual mixes in a DDR before exporting. I found the following :

- I could use the 'ddr2_select_angle' , with a "mix (n)" value, but only if I don't change the recording file name in recorder settings, which means the files remain MIX 1 > 4. If the file name is changed, then the macro has to call the angle by filename. This is a problem for me, as I want to use datalink values in the filename, for example date and time, which can't be used in the macro editor....
    - Also, when you change a angle on a clip, the clip "display name" does not change, you have to change it manually before sending it to the export queue. Did you find a nice way to handle it ?

Thanks !

Jerome

yes, I just realized this the other day when I went to name my multiviewer by camera op names (I like to call people by their desired name vs Cam 1, 2 etc. This means that Input 1 stops working but Chris works for selecting angles. Problem is I have random names through a double header so I also have found that this system, does not work. I will reference my old ticket and see if they have any ideas as they thought this was the proper way to reference things but I feel that the system should be able to recognize Input 1 == Chris etc vs having to go update several macros to use Chris vs Input 1 .

And yes, I change the names of my clips as I change the angle. ddr2_set_clip_alias for the name. _tag if you wanna add tags _comment if you wanna set the comment field.

Thanks for your feedback. I had some trouble finding the right syntax for _set_clip_alias, as it's not well documented in TC web browser or in shorcut_cfg . Still useful to have an older copy of Integration Guide, in which shortcuts are much more detailed...

oh yeah, I am not a fan. The old documentation was much better for examples and is now removed I have a old copy printed out that I still use.