Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Long.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Not sure why you insist on taking this so personally, and persist in attacking my lack or seniority or whatever it is. For what it’s worth I have been using lightwave since about 2003 or so but I haven’t been active on the forums until relatively recently. I find this parade of users who feel the need to announce to the rest of us that they are QUITTING LIGHTWAVE!!! tiresome. Every one of these threads serves No purpose but to attract arguments like the one I am having with you right now.

Trust me, when it is my turn to go I will do everyone the service of slipping discreetly out the back door. and I am politely asking for the same courtesy from others.
    Strange that Somebody is making conclusions on ones career, based on a certain Join date on the forums, like you havenīt had a life before, or career, and that you sadly need to explain such things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
    To the OP, of course.

Sorry, can’t seem to edit my original post to add “Dear OP,”

(These forums need an overhaul)
    I also beg you pardon, sometimes I am knit picking, Ivé been warned before

Not sure why you insist on taking this so personally, and persist in attacking my lack or seniority or whatever it is. For what it’s worth I have been using lightwave since about 2003 or so but I haven’t been active on the forums until relatively recently. I find this parade of users who feel the need to announce to the rest of us that they are QUITTING LIGHTWAVE!!! tiresome. Every one of these threads serves No purpose but to attract arguments like the one I am having with you right now.

Trust me, when it is my turn to go I will do everyone the service of slipping discreetly out the back door. and I am politely asking for the same courtesy from others.
    since 1996 i have witnessed many forum wars about LW releases. There were -lets say - Modo agents and never ending wars.. You remember those days.. But these two messages are not damaging messages.. they were clearly frustrated and we have to objectively analyze what they are saying...

So anyone who has a nice thing to say about LW should write something these threads .. especially NT people..

I have no personal beef with you - you are a fellow Lightwaver and all of us are in the same boat ..

Me ? LW sinks i will go with it.. I will retire using LW 2015-2018 with octane updates. (of course 3dcoat - substance painter - unity (as new layout))

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    since 1996 i have witnessed many forum wars about LW releases. There were -lets say - Modo agents and never ending wars.. You remember those days.. But these two messages are not damaging messages.. they were clearly frustrated and we have to objectively analyze what they are saying...

So anyone who has a nice thing to say about LW should write something these threads .. especially NT people..

I have no personal beef with you - you are a fellow Lightwaver and all of us are in the same boat ..

Me ? LW sinks i will go with it.. I will retire using LW 2015-2018 with octane updates. (of course 3dcoat - substance painter - unity (as new layout))
    Why not take up the violins and letīs all play a last song, and have Ice cold drinks to cool our temper...Yay..itīs titanic once again.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    nah, from what I have seen, its terrible on the blender forum too. bitchin about lw dev here: speed of dev, features etc but REALLY helpful support from the lw community. Great input, resources, scripts, knowledge; the only problem is NT dev of LW or lack thereof.
    Have an open beta and channel the resentment :P
    The "b" forum thread for Lightwave 2020 is now closed, for review by the moderators

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    The "b" forum thread for Lightwave 2020 is now closed, for review by the moderators
    Link please.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Link please.
    im in bed right now.just woke from annoying bird spring song...bu right now too much trouble ..it will have to wait for...later...the thread opened again..moderators did a nice job of letting me talk lightwave..and removed nasty comments about they dont give a s..about lightwave.
    with moderator commenting that users should show respect for those using another tool and wants to talk aout it in a dedicated thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Link please.
    Sent you a private message.

FOI...for what bl...dy, bird that is always destroying my sleep early mornings each spring, from around 03:30 to 05:00 in the morning, it is the Great Tit (didnīt know that name in English, sounds funny and like something else)
    That bird will probably stop singing in the spring at the end of May.

I love the blackbird though, and to wake up to that sound...In Sweden we have declared the Blackbird as our national bird... according to votes of people in Sweden.

Some "B" forum moderation intervention...after I replied with this is how I do it in Lightwave, a hardcore "B" user attacked me..but had the comments removed.

And moderator replied with a statement...
    "Constructive discussions are welcome! Dont take me wrong. But comments like “You confuse me with someone who gives a crap about LW” are not needed."

So from my perspective, That forum moderator had a good sense of it all.
    So while that forum may have decent moderators which are very tolerating towards talks around two software, the impression I get from the users overall..isnīt that encouraging with the notion that I plan
    to spend more time over there, so I have to restrain myself a lot from mentioning LW..though it is necessary when I need to describe what tool or workflow I need to get going in "B" as well.

Interesting. So Blender forum is full of angry elves? Everyone who hates ex software goes to Blender A den of angry elves.

[B] has a lot of nice things, but the "experts" talking [LW vs B] over there are filled with feelings, in several replies you can tell they reply based on a feeling, rather than a fact.

they do have great knowledge, and quite valid input / suggestions. but they can be a bit stubborn and give answers based on a feeling.

and of course they say the same thing about [us].
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    Interesting. So Blender forum is full of angry elves? Everyone who hates ex software goes to Blender A den of angry elves.

Unfortunately it seems so, but Ivé not been that active for a longer period to judge that properly.

But it looks like it is full of former Lw users that has a very strong dislike of their older pet, or perhaps more so towards Newtek.
    Then there seems to be those who never bought a software who donīt want to hear anything else apart from their own stuff.

If I compare to when you talk about software"B" over here, it may not be that appreciated and tolerated..but at that forum it seems quite worse, from users point of views, where moderators looks at it differently..and that
    can be a bit understandable since there is no company actually selling "B" and treating others well that also use other software will of course help those users feel at home and start using "B" community more as a help for their other tool.

But it is also a bit subjective from my perspective, I know I could probably tease some folks to a big sigh every now and then I suppose I have my way of thinking which not necessarely rhymes with the tones of other 3D users.

I sort of have no tolerance for curse words or condescending remarks and bad tone, for me itīs just a display of low communicative intelligence, it will never lead to any constructive discussion rather just provoke for a discussion to be full with heat, flame and hatred..
    ..and I surely hope I myself havenīt been the showman of that kind of style in communication either, here and also over there, probably some of that which I do not like..is something Ivé been guilty of too..but I try to avoid it.

Bitter ex-lightwavers on the blender forum claim that lightwave hasn’t improved since version 11. Lightwave apologists claim that anything you can do in blender/Maya/ etc... can be done in lightwave. Neither of those things is true.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    [B] has a lot of nice things, but the "experts" talking [LW vs B] over there are filled with feelings, in several replies you can tell they reply based on a feeling, rather than a fact.

they do have great knowledge, and quite valid input / suggestions. but they can be a bit stubborn and give answers based on a feeling.

and of course they say the same thing about [us].
    Yes, for former LW users, there is undoubtly so that their opinions are very much colored by harsch feelings still left in their bags..after having to choose another tool, some guys however in discussions with me..have
    a good sense of respecting that I still want to choose to use Lightwave 2019 still, and use it complementary..while others attack for me discussing the tools and where I need to learn something in B etc.

All that really donīt affect me outside any discussion, it does however interfere with those I talk too, and ..I sometimes canīt restrain myself from debating in sometime silly ways with them, thatīs the level they like to play at
    Depends on mood and time if I even bother about it.

There is a hickup for some B users... where they attack Lw users for discussing anything else than B, even though it is an allowed general discussion sections, and even if it is a thread dedicated to another software, workflow or releases, that state of mind is just not acceptable for me..the forum hasnīt got a rule to not discuss that, if they do not wish to join in on that..they should just stay out of that section and thread, but there is those trolls whol just like to write and get of to condescending and mocking..so it has been, so it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitter ex-lightwavers on the blender forum claim that lightwave hasn’t improved since version 11. Lightwave apologists claim that anything you can do in blender/Maya/ etc... can be done in lightwave. Neither of those things is true.
    Yes, so it is, that is true.
    There is no balance often in what is said, itīs taken to itīs extreme, if they say it hasnīt improved..they really mean..for them they see no significant improvement...which is a totally different thing,
    they start their assertments with a short "fact" statement ..only to later in the discussion clarify with the ellaborated.."I ment nothing significant ..and nothing in modeler" etc.

They are so red and heated that they do not see my own criticism for the latest 2020 release, and why I will choose to not upgrade(this time), just because I speak of I will still use 2019..and I still point out modeling or vfx tasks I simply do not see as easy to do in "B" so the attack starts there sort of.
    One would think..ah, his not going to upgrade and now looks over here, letīs welcome him do a transition...but oh no

But itīs allright, I will not stop functioning or have to go to a therapist..because of forum members going berserk, just drop it once you are done with your post, and enjoy life as much as possible without even thinking of it
    when you have your daily choirs, then it will just be fine

It makes you think though.. where and if you need to engage in the forums ..for sharing ideas and learning though, that is perhaps just the only thing that bothers a little bit, you can really get a good connection and help from certain users in a forum, not just embarking on bad tone discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post

In times of the great Amiga vs Atari war, I still felt like a warrior.
    Now I'm too old for wars like this.
    But not too old for feelings :-)

Blender 2.8 was a surprise. I admit it. But otherwise? If there is an update, I install it. And take a quick look at it. That's it.

At Lightwave, for whatever reason, it's different.
    I had to wait for new money, but when I get home, I become the LW 2020 owner. I've been looking forward to it for days.
    My joy about it is like a small child.
    Everything may be exaggerated, but it is so.

Blender on the SSD, Lightwave in the heart, may i am a preacher of love and no warrior :-)

kievi

LW is my favorite program for a lot of reasons, and ultimately, whichever you choose is a voluntary choice. It does seem like LW users are resourceful and will use whatever program they want, and that's not a problem with UE4 or Unity or Blender and others because they're free. But it doesn't seem to work so much the other way around.

Even in the LW documentation, it mentions Houdini and Blender, so I don't see why people don't just use what they want to use and get along.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightWave.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	761.6 KB 
ID:	147650

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast