Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Long.

Sometimes people like their decisions validated in some way, or to give the bird on the way out, or even to learn a sliver more to double-check the stance..

That's probably the way it is. Hope they feel better whatever they decide to do

No matter what one thinks of the latest update, it could have been worse. I thought we might get a message from Newtek that they are now shutting down LightWave after they were acquired by Vizrt. Still think the risk is great that it will happen unless LightWave starts showing some signs of being able to work better with Vizrt´s own software Viz Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshbuilder View Post
    I've been a user since version 5,5 and I can't see the point of posting a farewell either.
    What good do you think it will do? Hope that Newtek jump in and tell you, wait here's another update we forgot to release that have everything you hoped for? If every time a LW user decides to start using another 3D software post a farewell the whole forum would be filled with it.
    The forum IS getting filled with it. If you are a plugin developer, fine. Your users need to know, but otherwise why burden the rest of us with your decision?

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    The forum IS getting filled with it. If you are a plugin developer, fine. Your users need to know, but otherwise why burden the rest of us with your decision?
    exactly why you bother writing your own idea about his departure - and burden us with it ? ... He is at least directing some serious comments at NT. He is explaining why he is getting into this mind set... He is openly discussing his decision at least .

You, on the other hand, are just trying to kick out fellow Lightwaver with your 5 years old Lightwave career.. give me a break..(may be a bit older ) who knows - i could join to forum after 10 years so may be you are like that too.
    Last edited by tyrot; 05-03-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Maybe it sends a message to the heads/directors at Newtek?
    ...... Maybe not?
    I imagine they don't frequent the forum, but what do I know.
    Probably better off emailing the CEO or Andrew Cross to let them know, rather than posting here?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
    Buh-Bye.

Can I have your LW-related stuff?
    Same question. Good thread for the Forum: Buy/Sell/Trade - LightWave 3D Related. If OP contained any details about what is for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Maybe it sends a message to the heads/directors at Newtek?
    ...... Maybe not?
    I imagine they don't frequent the forum, but what do I know.
    Probably better off emailing the CEO or Andrew Cross to let them know, rather than posting here?
    Not sure they will care. Don't seem to so far. If you were in control, would you have not changed course by now?

so much bad tones towards eachother nowadays again..
    definetely yet another motivational incitement for me to reduce my time spent here on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    so much bad tones towards eachother nowadays again..
    definetely yet another motivational incitement for me to reduce my time spent here on these forums.
    nah, from what I have seen, its terrible on the blender forum too. bitchin about lw dev here: speed of dev, features etc but REALLY helpful support from the lw community. Great input, resources, scripts, knowledge; the only problem is NT dev of LW or lack thereof.
    Have an open beta and channel the resentment :P

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    nah, from what I have seen, its terrible on the blender forum too. bitchin about lw dev here: speed of dev, features etc but REALLY helpful support from the lw community. Great input, resources, scripts, knowledge; the only problem is NT dev of LW or lack thereof.
    Have an open beta and channel the resentment :P
    You are absolutely right, when I discuss there..at least some months ago..even worse than here, but I could shut down activity on both these forums.
    And also it depends on wether or not I choose to change what I post and how I comment of course to avoid development discussions, and instead only go for questions to find out certain things in the software..but maintain a discipline on other debates.

And start my own page maybe..we´ll see.

but I think since I need to spend even more learning of a software besides Lightwave, and so much time would go in to energy of debating ..with often bad tone coloured people (not colour of skin)
    It´s not worth it since it sucks up too much energy and time...so I definetely have to think about how to approach the blender forums as well.

The most drastic I could do to actually take this urge I have to reduce time, that is actually not reducing it ..but actually remove my newtek forum account, which kinds of puts me in the position that I have no use of going in here to debate and post, and would have a harder time doing so

Currently though..I have some helpful and interesting talks with Richard Culver, and zteem..former lw users, Over there.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    You, on the other hand, are just trying to kick out fellow Lightwaver with your 5 years old Lightwave career.. give me a break..(may be a bit older )
    I'm pretty sure he said that he's been a user since LW5.5 not just a 5 year career with LW. Just sayin.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    exactly why you bother writing your own idea about his departure - and burden us with it ? ... He is at least directing some serious comments at NT. He is explaining why he is getting into this mind set... He is openly discussing his decision at least .

You, on the other hand, are just trying to kick out fellow Lightwaver with your 5 years old Lightwave career.. give me a break..(may be a bit older ) who knows - i could join to forum after 10 years so may be you are like that too.
    Not sure why you insist on taking this so personally, and persist in attacking my lack or seniority or whatever it is. For what it’s worth I have been using lightwave since about 2003 or so but I haven’t been active on the forums until relatively recently. I find this parade of users who feel the need to announce to the rest of us that they are QUITTING LIGHTWAVE!!! tiresome. Every one of these threads serves No purpose but to attract arguments like the one I am having with you right now.

Trust me, when it is my turn to go I will do everyone the service of slipping discreetly out the back door. and I am politely asking for the same courtesy from others.

And start my own page maybe..we´ll see.
    It would be much better if you were a beta tester contributing to lw dev, imho

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    It would be much better if you were a beta tester contributing to lw dev, imho
    yes you are right, but I am afraid that train has left now..My motivation is quite low considering various circumstances.

And again..you were so right..go check the b forum and the lightwave 2020 release, for some fun of the "worse than worse" discussions...I couldn´t resist either to join in with the worse of the worse.
    At some point it almost just becomes hilarious...and something You can do if you simply don´t have much to do before bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
    Buh-Bye.

Can I have your LW-related stuff?
    to whom do you adress?
    To the OP, of course.

Sorry, can’t seem to edit my original post to add “Dear OP,”

(These forums need an overhaul)
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast