Thread: Picking items.

Picking items.

Hey guys I'm sure this must be possible and probably easy, but I just can't figure it out. I want to use one null to select many bones or objects. I've used Proxy Pick in the past to select parts in a scene that were buried deep in the scene so that was my first go to method, but it only seems to be able to select one item. Is there a way to make it select multiple items or is there another method altogether.
    Thanks for your help.

TrueArt Support
    On the right of item drop-down list in the main Layout window, there is little icon. Click it. New window will appear. It has button "Selection". Click it and pick "Create Set..".
    Then all selected items will be added to newly created selection.

There are other (incompatible) methods of making item selection sets inside of Scene Editor. But there are too versions of SE. Some other user will tell you how..

Perhaps not what you look for, but why donīt you just middle click and marquee select items or bones in layout, or shift click to add items to each selection.
    And then as Sensei mentioned, to the right of the current item drop down, you have a little icon, click on that then choose selection in the drop down list and create set, you will then find the set there as well.

or simply after having selected items with the above approach, just use scene editor and favourites and add it there as a favorite set, which you can recall from that menu as well..in fact it may be better than the create set previously mentioned.

If you make all of your objects children of the null, you can just right click the null to select all children.

Thanks for the responses guys! I've made a video that describes better of what I want to do. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys! I've made a video that describes better of what I want to do. Any insights would be much appreciated.

I think I get it..but that would mean you would have to go in and set up a dividing set anyway, if you are trying to selct pick one single bone, how could it otherwise not avoid selecting all bones? or child items.
    Seems to me you would have to set rules for different sections of a bone rig that would make it taking much more time than just select bones as you did in the viewport or in the scene editor.

right click on one bone, will select all the bones in the chain, but how to split that to a certain selection set for bones..I do not know if that is possible.

correction, right click on a bone will pick all the child items from that selected bone, not all..so that is one way to do it if there isnīt another set of bones in the end of that chain you do not want to select.

Update: I used Follower.