Thread: LW 2020 bug/CRASH for fiber fx settings

LW 2020 bug/CRASH for fiber fx settings

Apologies for double post I posted in the wrong section I think.
    Anyway, I tried setting up a simple ball with hair scene which worked OK. Then I saved the settings for ffx and loaded up again and tried to load the ffx settings I had just saved. LW then crashes. I tested it on a previous version and it works fine. So somethings not right with ffx in LW 2020.

share scene  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Already sent to LW bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    Apologies for double post I posted in the wrong section I think.
    Anyway, I tried setting up a simple ball with hair scene which worked OK. Then I saved the settings for ffx and loaded up again and tried to load the ffx settings I had just saved. LW then crashes. I tested it on a previous version and it works fine. So somethings not right with ffx in LW 2020.
    Confirmed, appears 100% reliable, and consistent in cause/location. Reloading saved FFX config (using Edit->Load in FFX panel) leads to reliable segfault. Appears to be an NPE/AV from "com.newtek.LightWave.FFlt + 117771" calling strcmp with an invalid parameter (likely bad/unowned/uninit'd ptr).

Dev needs to figure out what line of code correlates with that module offset (obviously a call to strcmp() which ought to narrow it down), then figure out what param to strcmp() is causing the segfault (and why).
    Last edited by jwiede; 05-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti