Thread: NDI Test Patterns

NDI Test Patterns

Using the NDI Test pattern generator in NDI Tools creates a 1080 test signal at 29.97fps. Can the output be forced to 10808i50, PAl or other settings for UK workflow use? There's no controls in the app.

Thanks,
    Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacpony View Post
    Using the NDI Test pattern generator in NDI Tools creates a 1080 test signal at 29.97fps. Can the output be forced to 10808i50, PAl or other settings for UK workflow use? There's no controls in the app.

Thanks,
    Mat.
    Mat

if you have a Mac, you may like to add the Sienna Signal Generator to your toolkit.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndi-signal-gen.html

its free.

It would also be really cool if there was a way to have some motion or time clock in the video feed to confirm solid, non jumpy feed.

A lot of signal generators put up a bouncing box or such.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks livepad. I'm on my home PC with windows at the moment, but have downloaded the Sienna toolkit to try when I get back to work!

fgolman - I was thinking the same, and planned on doing my own moving testcard, by creating a video in Premiere, and saving it as a short looping video. I can then use VLC to play it back outputting it as NDI. I've not tested yet, so didn't know if I'd get a seemless loop without a blank frame at the end when it jumps back to the start.

I have tried a test loop like that in VLC. It takes VLC about half a second to jump back to the start, unfortunately. So I suggest you loop it a lot of times in Premiere and accept a bit of a delay every once in a while when VLC restarts the playback.

Yep, I tried the VLC loop playback. Same results as you guys with the little hiccup.

Fritz